New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Why not? .
    What I mean is do you get justice from thw real mastermind or culprit?

Nahhh, the dummy corporation is not representative of CCP.

Sent using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you do a unintended inquiry into a small item on Google search... next thing you know is your social media platforms are inundated by ads from Lazada, Amazon and Shoppee regarding the same item... Sino may hawak ng info na iyan? Google or the Chinese phone maker?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    If you do a unintended inquiry into a small item on Google search... next thing you know is your social media platforms are inundated by ads from Lazada, Amazon and Shoppee regarding the same item... Sino may hawak ng info na iyan? Google or the Chinese phone maker?
    Obviously Google, part nga ng marketing algorithm nila diba.

Google Terms of Service – Privacy & Terms – Google

It's in their terms and conditions, use of AI.

You don't want their intrusions, one can remove FB and not use Google. Some people only uses bar phones. Yun bagay sa paranoid na takot na takot na mapakialaman privacy.

Unless pati sa telco wala ka tiwala. Messenger pigeons anyone?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    same sa fb/meta. nag install lang ako ng lalamove app, then afterwards bigla na lang lumabas yung ads sa fb at sa ig yung lalamove. obviously not the chinese phonemaker is to blame. it's meta.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It doesn't bother me anymore. I've since replaced all my tablets with a cheap Windows laptop. The only mobile device I have left is an iPhone which I don't use that much.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    This was my Xiaomi phone, as you can see it keeps sending data to its server. Sabi nila mga imei yan and other phone performance data, and maybe phone number. I know Xiaomi is cheap because their main business is advertising. That's why they harvest this much data.

My real concern here is the battery, kung every few minutes sya mag connect malakas sa battery. I have removed some of Xiaomi pre installed apps and these was greatly reduced and my phone's battery lasted longer.

I do the same with Facebook, block some of it server and leave only those that are needed for messenger and fb app to function. I also put the fb app on another profile so it's not snooping around on my main profile and the fb app is auto kill when display turns off, so the app don't keep running on background consuming battery.

As for Google I'm aware they harvest my data, and I actually have use for the data they harvest. It can predict my search on YouTube if I searched something on my browser. I also like how Google maps track my location and time. One time I need to remember kung anong month nga ba ako nagpunta sa school ng anak ko to pass document. I just looked at my Google maps time line at nalaman ko kung anong, day even when I arrived and left the school, very convenient for forgetful person like me.

screenshot_2020-09-13-12-23-48-291_org.blokada.alarm.jpg
    Last edited by BratPAQ; February 14th, 2023 at 12:52 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123