New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    signal loss cguro safe distance is 50 meters max.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    siguro nga signal loss, pero based on experience I have used 3 network cables with inline socket adapters to make a 20 meter long cable more or less and it's working fine. I'm beginning to be suspicious with the inline socket adapters that I bought. Just to make sure I'll try the remaining cables in my box that has the same length and I'll try another RJ45 to RJ45 inline socket adapter. BUT, if there are anymore suggestions...please don't hesitate to post. I'm open to any solutions. Reasonable solutions I mean.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sometimes, its the inline socket problem. Used some of those before, erratic anf connection. Also, try different ports on your router or hub. ie-uplink port>reg port.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Minsan may mga cheap CAT5 cable na talaga di gumagana pag mahaba na sya (mga fake cables) I had experienced the same scenario. Try to get BELDEN or AMP cable w/ a good RJ45 and it will work.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    How much does a BELDEN or AMP cost?*wrcastro_ph
    I'll try your solution too bigfoot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did you check the color coding of your cable-socket connection? diba may straight through and crossover patch cable yan, baka lang naman...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    did you check the color coding of your cable-socket connection? diba may straight through and crossover patch cable yan, baka lang naman...
    All of the cables are not crossover cables. The cables work just fine if they are not joined with the RJ45 to RJ45 inline socket adapters, the computers can do file sharing when connected to my switch hub or router. I hope you have read the thread.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe you would like to try (buy) another adapter? baka may nag loose connection na sa luma mong adapter.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I guess, that's what I'm going to find out. I'll be posting again soon if it didn't work.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Belden is very reliable, especially if the distance is quite long. Its around 15/meter sa Raon, have yet to see it sa computer shops selling by the meter. They usually sells Belden by the rolls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Network cable problem