New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know if this is a normal thing with NEO laptops (mine is a M540N model - neo's model call it Empriva 540NX.

The power regulator board had to be replaced yesterdayAttachment 9200

picture was taken from here (http://www.laptoprepairco.com/itemde...ategory=boards)

because nag-iinit yun. it gets too hot to the point na nakakapaso na.

since out of warranty na (more than a year and half na) i couldn't claim it sa warranty...i (sorry office) had to shell out P3069 for it. Mabilis naman mapalitan (30 mins at most).

ang problem ko, ultimong taga NEO could not point out what caused the problem.

ang masakit, i also have another NEO laptop of that model pero personal na namin (not office) which seems to have similar symptoms na... although still under observation ko kung mag-iinit din ng kasing init nung isa ko.

wala lang, rant ko lang.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Boss WT, halos lahat naman ata ng mga notebook manufacturers na may support office dito ganyan. Kami dito, nasiraan na ng ilang lappys (e.g. HP, Copaq, Dell, Toshiba..) Same thing happens from time to time: yung support person hinde nila ma point out what caused the problenm. Last year, nasunugan kami ng dalawang HP lappys (nc/nx 9010 ata yun) as in umusok ng husto yung isa while the other umapoy pa. While covered naman sya nung 3-year warranty, abay hinde ma-explain ng support guys ng HP kung bakit nag-init then nasunog.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We also bought a neo laptop last year. For one week, we observed its functions. We noticed that it becomes very hot after an hour of use. We complained with the retailer and we just requested for a replacement for another brand. With your experience, we think that we did the right thing in replacing it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir,

try visiting this site. http://forum.notebookreview.com/ clevo po ung manufacturer ng neo right? baka may discussion sila dun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    will look into that site...actually performance wise okay naman...walang problem...bilib ako...yun nga lang 1 year warranty lang sila...kung naka 3year warranty no problem ako.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If you will check the ckt of the Power regulator, it is connected to the battery battery (5 pin connector)

Di ba maraming mga na-recall the battery because of overheating and burned the whole laptop itself.

One thing was that, because of dwindling profit of laptop manufacturer they are trying to force VREG & Power driver to cost down and the same thing with laptop battery manufacturer which result to inferior quality of material used.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i also have the same neo 540nx duo core...ok specs ng neo but sobra panis sa service and claiming of warranty...my top casing cover started cracking radiating from the hinge on both hinges..pinapapalian ko...mga lokong yun di daw kasama sa warranty dahil cosmetic at nabagsak daw yun.... kudi ba naman !*$#*%#*%!!!*(&^%!!

will never buy neo again...walang kwenta....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb_arki View Post
    i also have the same neo 540nx duo core...ok specs ng neo but sobra panis sa service and claiming of warranty...my top casing cover started cracking radiating from the hinge on both hinges..pinapapalian ko...mga lokong yun di daw kasama sa warranty dahil cosmetic at nabagsak daw yun.... kudi ba naman !*$#*%#*%!!!*(&^%!!

same here dude, although mine was 531nl. minsan nag aamoy sunog kuryente na sa bahay. i bought that when it was like 38k, too much regrets later on, dali ding mag init. so far wala pa namang crack. sana i have saved more para khet macbook na lang tatagal pa

naglabas pa sila ngaun, 531nli (mejo sikat nkse ang mga "i")

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb_arki View Post

sad to hear that...how did it crack in first place? It does say in the cover that cosmetic problems aren't covered by the warranty.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    availed of the neo netbook thru smart promo V10xx model ata ito. pansin ko nga mas mainit ang ilalim compared sa HP ko, kaya ginagawa ko hinihiram ko yung small blackboard ng anak ko para hinde ako mapaso at hinde ma block yung ventilation.

maganda lang talaga sa mga netbook tulad nito panis ang mga battery life ng typical notebook kaya mas magandang gamitin pag nasa kuwarto habang nanonood ng tv hehe.

NEO Laptop problem