The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hologram HDTV na uso, hahaha.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    60,000 hrs na? amp, e mga 20 yrs of usage yun ah. by that time, hindi na uso plasma.
    oo nga. hopefully by then parang sa Minority Report na yung mga home theater :hihihi:

i really like the Pioneer 42" plasma set offered by Costco. built-in HD tuner, high quality filters, plenty of inputs including HDMI...not to mention Costco's great customer service, super-low price and awesome return policy. if i decide i made a mistake, i can return it even a few months from now, no questions asked. that makes it pretty low-risk for me.

added bonus: i can get it today instead of waiting for one to be shipped. instant gratification baby!

esep....esep...

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    bosing, bilhin mo na! maganda ang pioneer. wag na mag esep...esep

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered

added bonus: i can get it today instead of waiting for one to be shipped. instant gratification baby!

esep....esep...
    eto ang selling point kapatid, anjan na agad kapag binili mo. Kung ako yan, binili ko na agad yan eh.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    sakaling di ka happy sa unit na nakuha mo, sometimes may mga stores na di nagpapalit o nagre-refund kung nabuksan mo na, try to disconnect (using soldering iron) any of the wire sa loob para di magwork ng ayos yong system. This time you have a strong case para ibalik mo o refund ito (faulty item).

base on experience di rin magandang basehan ang mga review magazines para sa performance or quality ng isang unit. i used to buy those with good reviews but I always end up with rubbish item. ikaw ang pinakamagaling na reviewer or judge ng isang product so audition different products like testdriving cars.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouie
    sakaling di ka happy sa unit na nakuha mo, sometimes may mga stores na di nagpapalit o nagre-refund kung nabuksan mo na, try to disconnect (using soldering iron) any of the wire sa loob para di magwork ng ayos yong system. This time you have a strong case para ibalik mo o refund ito (faulty item).

base on experience di rin magandang basehan ang mga review magazines para sa performance or quality ng isang unit. i used to buy those with good reviews but I always end up with rubbish item. ikaw ang pinakamagaling na reviewer or judge ng isang product so audition different products like testdriving cars.
    Wouie, para sa akin yan ang main selling point ng Costco - it's a warehouse store here in the states (meron na yata diyan sa UK) that offers not only really low prices, but a no-questions asked customer satisfaction guarantee. i've heard from people that tried out their units for 6 months before they decided they wanted something else, and were still able to return it hassle-free. a very low-risk way for me to get into a technology that i'm not too familiar with.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Up to now the number of HD cable/satellite stations are still relatively few. Our 32" LCD TV is used mainly for watching DVDs. I've also explored the possibility of using it as a computer monitor. It has VGA and DVI ports and has a max res of 1280x768 when used as a monitor. But the cables are expensive, running near $50 apiece.... Ouch. Ang mahal naman....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im also planning on buying an LCD tv. pero yung 26-inches lang, for bedroom use. ive narrowed my selection to philips and samsung. sony's LCD panels come from samsung and only the high-end models have the Wega feature. philips has good features (w/ HDMI terminals), the images are crisp, clear & no lag. samsung has a superior contrast ratio (3000:1) and its DNie processor seems to be an industry-leader. im going to take a closer look at sharp (aquos) models, to see how it compares to philips & samsung. anybody here who can provide feedback on what's the best 26-inch LCD out there?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Check out www.Epinions.com there's lots of product reviews there by consumers.

I'd probably go LCD. If anything happens to ur plasma.. it may be expensive to fix...but...Either way, the television should work fine for a long time. I have a 15yr old 30inch tv Sanyo ata...from the states.. n it works perfect still. U just have to use the remote..bcuz da buttons on da tv dont even work anymore heheh.

I also have a 60 inch projection tv. We're going to put that into our tv room that we're gonna put in our new house we're building.

But, it depends on ur budget. and ur taste. I'd go for a bigger TV in LCD. Just like Plasma.. it's flat screen..n it doesn't glare. Plus the money you'd put into the plasma..you could get a bigger tv with that money... though the qualit won't be AS GOOD as a plasma...but it'd still be pretty damn good.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    agreed. burn-in in 10-years with 8-hours a day viewing. By the 5th year, baka palitan na ulit ang newer plasma. kahit every tax-return pwedeng bumili ng plasma si silver986
    Burn in, can happen in as little as 6 months and is PERMANENT. It cannot be "reversed"

You can prevent burn in by not having any fixed images (like opaque logos, or tickers, etc) on the TV for extremely long periods of time. Short periods of time are perfectly acceptable. Burn in is cumulative. This means that you can't burn in an image in hours or days. It takes months, but it can happen.

Contrast also plays a major role in Burn-in. Many TVs come shipped with the contrast at 100% and this should be turned down

The order of susceptibility to burn in, from most likely to least likely, is as follows:

Plasma
    CRT-based RPTVs
    Direct View TVs
    LCD-based TVs (it's possible to encounter greyscale degredation under severe service - as in commercial service where the TV is on all day, on the same channel, but it's highly unlikely under normal home service)
    DLP-based TVs (not susceptible at all)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
need a new TV (help me HT enthusiasts)