New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Wouldn't one need an ATI Fire / nVidia QuadroFX class videocard for CADD?
    Nope. Maybe it's for 3D Studio Max
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=13571366

Autocad:
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=13784795

They're desirable items (which open up additional options), but aren't required.

The cheapest Quadro/FireGL card costs as much as an HD 4850 or a GTS 250. The FirePro are a bit cheaper.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 6th, 2009 at 10:31 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, for professional work I mean but thanks for the links Jun. I've always wondered how it it's like to do CADD with professional vidcards (I only have gaming cards hehehe).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Yeah, for professional work I mean but thanks for the links Jun. I've always wondered how it it's like to do CADD with professional vidcards (I only have gaming cards hehehe).
    Have you seen the price on some Quadros? One of them (at newegg.com) had one approaching $3,000.00. Yikes!

Gaming pc's can't hold a candle to dedicated 3d-rendering pc workstations pricewise.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 6th, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes, I know they're expensive that's why I'm still dreaming.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
    Hi straker. Thanks sa reply. I'll check PC Express tomorrow for the prices. Also what particular model of AMD should I check? Sorry, totally wala ako idea with PC parts.

Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.
    To start, you can check with the PassMark benchmarks to find out how each CPU (Intel and AMD) matches each other.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.html

I consider the 2.5GHz'ed Intel dual cores to be the typical CPU of the day, suggest going up, 2.8 - 3.0Ghz

Once you pick your desired CPU, then pick the mobo. As I said before, find one with a respectively strong on-board video chip, if you have no intention of spending extra on the PCIE video card . It does take a while to search for a matching motherboard.

If you do feel the need to have a video card, you may have to go for a slightly cheaper mobo to compensate and fit in your budget.

Grab a couple of 2GB sticks (Kingston or Corsair is OK) and a good PSU (a 400W HEC might do).

As for the others (HD/ODD/case, etc), scrimp on them by picking the lowest costing item. I don't think picking a cheapo will kill your PC

BTW, ditch the floppy drive, it has served its purpose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Need help - specs for CAD PC