New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hello guys. tulong naman po para ma set-up ko yung Playstation 3 ko na magconnect sa wireless internet ko. meron po akong wireless internet connection sa bahay. eto po yung set-up nya:

One desktop: this is where i connected the wireless router and the dsl.
    two laptops share the wireless internet signal.

this is what i want to do:
    add my PS3 to the wireless network.

so i did the following steps (all info were obtained from my wireless router):
    entered the SSD
    entered the WLAN Security Setting
    entered WPA Key

now i'm not sure if the following steps below were done correctly:
    IP Address setting: i selected Automatic. other choices were Manual and PPPoE.
    Set the DHCP Host Name: the choices were "Do Not Set" and "Set". I selected "Do Not Set"
    DNS Setting: i selected Automatic. Manual is the other choice.
    MTU: what is this? i was not sure, so i selected Automatic. Manual is the other choice.
    Proxy Server: i do not want to use it, so i selected "do not use."
    UPnP: what is this? again, i was not sure, so i selected Enable.

when i tested the PS3, it failed to obtain an IP address. the message says "the attempt to obtain an IP address timed out."

could you guys please shed some light into this? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not sure about the setup of PS3 para mag connect sa wireless network, maybe you can try asking here bka makatulong sila... http://pinoypsx.com/

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i gave up!! i read various sites including playstation underground. so yesterday i went to best buy and got an ethernet cable. the POS still did not work, so i directly plugged it to my dsl modem. after creating an account, i found out i was not missing much at all.....

right now, temptation seems like its pushing me to upgrade my destop's memory and video card after sampling command and conquer earlier....whew...one more month and the xbox 360 version should be here.....
    Last edited by n2knee; April 1st, 2007 at 12:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    on your ps3, scan all available networks. then choose the network you are using, then you should choose "easy" connection setting. and make sure you have the security info from your wireless router, like WEP key and such. make sure your ps3 is in range with your wireless router. the ps3's wi-fi doesnt get good signal...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3civic05 View Post
    on your ps3, scan all available networks. then choose the network you are using, then you should choose "easy" connection setting. and make sure you have the security info from your wireless router, like WEP key and such. make sure your ps3 is in range with your wireless router. the ps3's wi-fi doesnt get good signal...
    that was the first thing i've done, but to no avail. i have already performed the easy connection and custom connection (both wireless and wired). all failed, so i've decided to connect the ethernet cable directly to my dsl modem whenever i want to go online using my ps3. it is such a hassle since i have to unplug and re-plug cables, but i only do this once in a while to download high def movie previews and game samples.

need help setting up my PS3 to connect to the internet