New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Good day to all tsikoteers!

We are comtemplating on setting-up an Internet Cafe. Do you think ok ang ganitong business? Siguro we'll start having 5 units as start-up.

I inquire sa "Everything On-line" ng PLDT, medyo mahal kung sa kanila kukuha ng franchise.

I know there is a program na pang-monitor of the log-in/log-out time. Pang-audit ba since we'll continue working here sa opis. Anyone knows where to download it?

Baka may tsikoteer dyan na may ganyang klaseng program. Pa share naman.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated...

TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's a difficult business unless you have a good area and your prices and features are competitive. (TIP: Mozilla or Opera ka na instead of Explorer... )

I suggest doing a thorough market study of your area and your competition. If there's low saturation, it's doable, but if you have lots of competition, you'll have to work hard to increase your exposure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bro depende kung saan mo ilalagay. Maganda din kung ikaw magbabantay para alam mo kung ano ang kelangan ng mga kostumer mo. Hindi mo ba kayang maglagay ng walong unit kulang kasi yang lima hindi pansinin pag kokonti lang. Kasama na ba ang server sa lima?

Yung timer kong ginagamit may license (breakpoint wintimer) every year akong nagrerenew. Search ka na lang sa internet maraming free na timer.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    The PLDT franchise is not really that good of a deal. Ikaw nalang mag-start.

One of the essential investments that you have to put in is the Windows XP OS: you have to get official licensed for each unit. Kahit Home Edition ok na. Microsoft's campaign against piracy is constant so better safe than sorry.

Advice ko rin na your initial number of units should be 10 (if the space permits) because mas mabilis ang return of investment. For your UTP cables, use Alantek, matibay and reliable. Don't get LCD monitors if you're gonna have a barrage of games because hindi lahat ng games can run on LCD Screens. You're better off with regular 17" crt lang.

For your switching hub I strongly recommend Linksys, kahit isang 16 port lang for the whole cafe oks na.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    problema kasi sa atin dito, once people see a business is doing good, gagayahin kaagad. that in itself is bad, but not so bad, pero ung mas masama is ung pagpa price war. some rates are so low, di ko magets kung pano pa kumikita ung may ari. in the end, lahat talo.

but, if the market is large enough, you should do fine. me kakilala ako who has a cafe near a school, and he's actually thinking about expanding. location will be key.

you can also add other services, like e-loading, printing, maybe even tutorials. anything to keep you a step ahead of the other shops.

re the pldt packages...basta read the terms and conditions very carefully.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mas ok kung may hands-on ka dun sa business... mahirap ipagkatiwala lalo na sa simula...

maraming available sa internet na pwedeng i-download for the timer...

Need an advice: Setting-up An Internet Cafe