New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa mga experts, i need advice. i'm planning to setup pc desktop sa haus. main purpose is to copy my videos from handycam to DVD (anong maganda dvd writer na di naman masyadong mahal), surf internet and office works. budget is about P35K ( so ok ako kahit clone). pero gusto ko sana LCD monitor na 17". pls. advice naman specs, brand, cost & saan maganda bumili (pero sana malapit lang dito sa amin sa paranaque).

thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    PC Express would be a good start...

try to browse muna sa price list nila.

www.pcx.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Go to PC Options mas mura presyo nila sabihin mo lang kung anong gusto mong setup. Sa 35K hindi pa pwedeng LCD monitor around 17k yata yun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NovicE
    Go to PC Options mas mura presyo nila sabihin mo lang kung anong gusto mong setup. Sa 35K hindi pa pwedeng LCD monitor around 17k yata yun.

Prestigio brand of LCD monitors costs around 9-5-9.8k. search mo na lang sa web yung specs nya. got one kasi dito sa office eh.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dont forget to have a firewire port because most of the video cam is using firewire. Get a large capacity hdd also (160GB or higher. 250GB should be good enough) and at least 512MB ram.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    liteon would be the best choice for dvd writer

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

www.gadgets.ph

see you there.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bro, pm kta. gawan kta specs

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    salamat sa mga advice. wilcats, wait ko yung specs mo. tia.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I do a lot of homevideo making and editing..its one of my hobbies..I transfer it to CD-Rs..i dont have a dvd writer yet. For me, DVD writers are DVD Writers. Whatever name brand you get, you'll still get the same quality dvd. The question is, How fast do you want your dvd to write? a 32x would be a good start. I used to have a CD-R writer and the speed was 4x. Very slow. If you dont care how long it takes to write the dvd..then going below 32x would be ok for you then. Just remember, DVDs can hold lots of information, and holding videos with high resolution which equals LOTs of space needed could take a while to write on slower DVD writers.

You're going to have 2 choices. Internal or external. Internal is where you place the dvd writer right into your CPU box and it would look like any other rom drive. External would have a wire attached to it and the other end of the wire would go through the CPU box.. its external. It's much cheaper to have an internal dvd writer. If you're not sure on how to install the dvd writer into your cpu box..head down to S.O.S. at your local SM and they can install it for P500 ata.

Back in the states, a writer costs around 200bux...around P10K... shop around for a good price. as long as it's brand new, and comes with maybe a warranty, you'll be ok. It'll do the job you need it to do: make DVDs. You'll be left with about P15k, which would be good enough to get you your LCD monitor.

Will you be buying a new computer setup? or you will be upgrading your current computer? Po, with 35K it may be a little hard to find a cpu for dvd writing AND an LCD monitor. If u upgrade, you're going to need tons of space on your harddrive. DVDs take up lots of space.... Hundreds of megabytes to gigabytes at a time! Upgrade your Ram to 512 or above. Those are the two major things that you should upgrade. Working on and editing large files will make slower computers lag, pause, freeze up, or even crash.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
need advice for PC setup