New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Does anyone knows where I can buy NAS(Network Attached storage), or does anyone uses this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Does anyone knows where I can buy NAS(Network Attached storage), or does anyone uses this?
    i'm using a Buffalo Terastation NAS (1TB in a Raid 5 configuration). Not sure where to get it there though...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sent you a PM on how you can get one.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    horsepower, PM me rin oh....I just need a small one di naman big files ang shine-share namin in our office....

I inquired in a computer shop, they had a 500GB NAS php19,000...medyo expensive for our taste hehe....I would be able to make do with a 20GB one if there is such a thing. What we plan to do is just use the NAS as a transferring tool then save it on the regular HD...

but come to think of it the NAS can be also used as the hard drive for all our computers right? but still a 500GB NAS might be too big for us.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will using a NAS give me more protection against data corruption/bad sector/etc?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Will using a NAS give me more protection against data corruption/bad sector/etc?
    same question here, I had a technician before who mentioned that with a device that is connected to all the computers, it will serve as the hard drive for all the computers and it will be well protected from viruses...I just don't know if he was referring to a server or NAS? (I don't even know what a server is hehehe)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    sir boybi... check out this link about RAID. It will help you understand how to keep data safe with the different RAID Levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is what I have at home. I use it mainly for downloading ******* files since it has a built in bit******* client

http://www.adstech.com/products/NAS-...pid=NAS-806-EF

The ADS NAS Drive Kit enables you to choose the Hard Drive size that meets your requirements. You install your hard drive, connect to your network and you instantly have a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device.

Adding the NAS Drive Kit to an Ethernet-based home or office network allows users to share files you download from the internet, music, photos or video. Gain "always-on" access to data, regardless of whether or not other computers on the network are active. Easily add additional external storage to the network. No need to open the PC.
    The NAS Drive Kit provides very simple installation and setup with no need for user configuration or knowledge of IP addresses. An auto-discovery feature automatically adds the NAS Drive Kit device to all attached clients upon connection to the network. Easy to read LED's display status such as: Power On, LAN Activity and Drive Activity.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wiretap_md View Post
    This is what I have at home. I use it mainly for downloading ******* files since it has a built in bit******* client

http://www.adstech.com/products/NAS-...pid=NAS-806-EF

The ADS NAS Drive Kit enables you to choose the Hard Drive size that meets your requirements. You install your hard drive, connect to your network and you instantly have a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device.

Adding the NAS Drive Kit to an Ethernet-based home or office network allows users to share files you download from the internet, music, photos or video. Gain "always-on" access to data, regardless of whether or not other computers on the network are active. Easily add additional external storage to the network. No need to open the PC.
    The NAS Drive Kit provides very simple installation and setup with no need for user configuration or knowledge of IP addresses. An auto-discovery feature automatically adds the NAS Drive Kit device to all attached clients upon connection to the network. Easy to read LED's display status such as: Power On, LAN Activity and Drive Activity.

cool! how was the bit******* client? is it faster in downloading than the software/pc-based? is it available here?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I ordered it from the web last February. Cost me $80. Based from my experience and setup, mas mabilis yung download nya ng ******* files as compared to downloading it directly to my laptop using software bit******* client.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NAS (Network Attached Storage)