New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wala kami landline sa bahay pero gusto ko sana makaroon ng internet connection. right now kasi nakiki-connect lang ako sa wi-fi ng kapit bahay namin (unsecured network). alam naman niya kaso paputol-putol at ndi lagi naka-connect.

nway, ang options dito sa amin is smart bro pero nabasa ko sa net meron din mydsl-w which i think similar sa smart bro.

any comments in terms of connection, performance, costs, etc.

suggestions also welcomed esp about alternative internet connections. tnx!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, SmartBro and PLDT MyDSL-w are one and the same. Different branding lang yan. Both use the cellsites/towers of Smart.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My aunt had one installed ( here in Cavite City) and it was absolute rubbish. She somehow managed to have it disconnected and PLDT myDSL (the non-w one) turned out to be better.

Actually, with any broadband plan, it would be best to ask people around your area. YMMV, depending on where you are.

As for MyDSL-w (ditto for SmartBRO), there's one particular quirk (or feature, depending on how you look at it) that would keep me from subscribing to it: everyone who connects to the same base station shares that router's IP address.

The IP address is the unique "name" of your computer on the Internet. If you share it with the neighborhood, you WILL have a difficult time with stuff like Bit******* (because clients can't connect directly to you), as well as sites who rely on IP for bandwidth-sharing purposes such as **********.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In our experience with SmartBro, it's okay for a while, then as user-saturation sets in... it... gets... .... ...b.a.d.... plus, customer service is anything but. My cousin and his friend often end up adjusting their antennas and trouble-shooting themselves...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    salamat sa mga reply!!!

tingnan ko na din siguro yung mydsl although mas malaki ang gastos kasi wala pa kami landline. will negotiate with wifey na lang kasi mukang gusto naman niya meron kami landline.

6. Join Date
    May 2006

Tandang Sora area, baka malapit ka samin.

IIRC, plan 990 ng PLDT = landline + 384 kbps.

Ang advantage lang ng Smart Bro, next day kabit.

I'll shift to wired kapag nakalipat na, temporary residence lang kasi ito.

na-try nyo na myDSL-w