New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have scouted around Cebu for laptops and came across MSI brands, and like the features of MSI EX460 since it has a core 2 duo processor and a 512 (discreet) ati video. With its price of around 35K, no other laptop with such features can compete. But, my question is- Are MSI laptops reliable, sturdy,etc...? For those who are owners of laptops of this brand, please give me your feedbacks... TIA...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I have scouted around Cebu for laptops and came across MSI brands, and like the features of MSI EX460 since it has a core 2 duo processor and a 512 (discreet) ati video. With its price of around 35K, no other laptop with such features can compete. But, my question is- Are MSI laptops reliable, sturdy,etc...? For those who are owners of laptops of this brand, please give me your feedbacks... TIA...
    MSi is a good brand for computers.

I have a netbook, MSi Wind U100+ since feb 2009. No problems so far.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a MSI wind lxp8, just got a problem with the exhaust fan after 2 weeks of use. i just brought it back to the shop and they replaced the fan, got it back after a week. but all in all, im very much satisfied with it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm also looking at an MSI laptop...... The MSI GT725 or its successor.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    We have in our company several brands, HP, Acer, Asus, MSI, Lenovo. All i can say is that MSi is reliable because there were no issues encountered.
    2 of our Asuses burned its batteries, 1 Lenovo had it LCD blacked-out same with the Acer. HP so far no problems but I maintain two in my family and issues sofar is the thermal shutdown.. After cleaning the heatsinks and re-seating with silicon grease, its stable again.

For Netbooks:
    I've owned 2 MSI Wind U100(with BT) both sold after months use, and now using Wind U123H (the one with N280 and 3.75G adapter). All i can say for those models they are superb, stable, no heating issues. 9cell bat last from 9pm to 10am but i replaced it with 3-cell for more portability.

To note, i just checked/ tried to repair my friends 6months old AAOne with annoying LCD lines and opening it was really pain in the ar$e. Don't know with Asuses if the iron-like heat produced at the bottom was already resolved..

Pics of internals, look at how Acer LCD ribbon cable was arranged, and SMD's arranged as compared to MSI.

AAO

U100

U123H

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My daughter just bought a U100 + series.

I'll buy a netbook too and considering MSI too. I'm also considering the ASUS and Toshiba NB200 series.

Are MSI laptops reliable?