New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    syur, slow ako eh paki explain nga....so basically walang kwenta itong meron speed booster?

so it's better to get the Linksys WRT54G model?

I would recommend that you get the standard WRT54G Linksys model.

The speed of your internet access is defined by the speed of your ISP, not the speed of your router... Almost of us here have not fully utilized the transfer speed of our routers because we've reached the ceiling for the speed of our internet access, as defined by the ISPs.

6404:pump:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    is there any particular version of firmware that I should look out for when buying wrt54g?
    No need, it's included in the CD Pack. Should there be, visit the site

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    yup, that's true, the speedbooster won't do much since i'm certain that your other devices don't have speedbooster as well. get the nornal wrt54g router. i just got a defective wrt54g before which prompted me to get something else. there was a batch of faulty wrt54gs, that's the bad batch with faulty firmware i guess.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    yup, that's true, the speedbooster won't do much since i'm certain that your other devices don't have speedbooster as well. get the nornal wrt54g router. i just got a defective wrt54g before which prompted me to get something else. there was a batch of faulty wrt54gs, that's the bad batch with faulty firmware i guess.

what sort of defect you've encountered? just purchased the router earlier and will install it tonight...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sir shadow, disconnections from time to time were what i encountered. i played safe and upgraded. as of late, i haven't heard any bad feedback from users of wrt54g. don't worry sir, i'm sure you won't encounter such problems. goodluck sir!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    installed the router last night w/o a hitch...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    great! congratulations sir!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    installed the router last night w/o a hitch...
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just a minor problem can't connect my PSP and Nokia E61i...but my laptop is working fine...did all the settings and still can't connect the two gadgets...

oh well will try it again tonight...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
most compatible router for Smart bro?