New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is your preferred type of mobile phone?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Candy Bar

11 40.74%
  • Slider

2 7.41%
  • Fold / Clamshell

0 0%
  • Touchscreen (ie: iPhone & similar)

12 44.44%
  • Whatever type as long as it's free.

2 7.41%
  • I don't use mobile phones.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    primary - candy bar
    extra - touch screen

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am so curious why so many people like to have a touch-screen mobile phone. Is it about its phone functionality or just the feel of something cutting edge and high tech?

My reason is a touch screen phone is not as functional as a more traditional phone with buttons. Trying to text on a touch screen takes twice or three times longer and requires you to look will punching virtual keys. Those will greasy fingers will tend to leave fingerprints and streaks all over the screen. People with large fingers will find using a touchscreen phone a near impossibility because they tend to hit the wrong letters/keys as much as the correct ones.

For me, the touch-screen gadget is better removed from the phone part... which gives you the iTouch mobile media device.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    i go with candybars and touch screen phones of the candybar oriented type. ang ayoko sa clamshells at sliders, pag bumagsak, yari ang cable
    Same here.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    qwerty ala treo. must have touchscreen also.

pure touchscreens are so fussy to txt with

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Candybars mas madaling gamitin ako kasi basta suksok dito suksok dyan laglag dito laglag dyan especially pag nasa auto pagnadaan sa lubak wala na sa dashboard ung fone nasa matting na .. and matibay pa.. like my 6300 nabili ko to kalalabas palang mga around 06 or 07 ata .. gusto ko din ung din ung di slide parang ang astig (minsan) pero ung sa clamshell NO NO pagnalakas ka ng sara babakat sa screen like ung case ng MOTOrazr ...
    teka asan na nga pala ang motorazr? nawala na ata

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am so curious why so many people like to have a touch-screen mobile phone. Is it about its phone functionality or just the feel of something cutting edge and high tech?

My reason is a touch screen phone is not as functional as a more traditional phone with buttons. Trying to text on a touch screen takes twice or three times longer and requires you to look will punching virtual keys. Those will greasy fingers will tend to leave fingerprints and streaks all over the screen. People with large fingers will find using a touchscreen phone a near impossibility because they tend to hit the wrong letters/keys as much as the correct ones.

For me, the touch-screen gadget is better removed from the phone part... which gives you the iTouch mobile media device.

Mobile phones have evolved from about a decade ago. Before, it was only used to communicate in a wireless environment. Now, it can do that plus a lot more. Mobile phones are now a source of entertainment (music, videos, games), PDA, Navigation device, camera, ebook reader, medical tool, excercise tracker, etc.

When Iphone came to the picture, it revolutionized the mobile phone landscape.

There's nothing to argue about how inconvenient it is to text message but that is not the phone's fault. It's the user's unfamiliarity with the concept of usage just as like people from 10 years back who are still trying to learn how to text one another.

I think the incovenience of using a touch screen phone only happens when one is pre-occupied in doing something else such as driving, which should not be done in the first place.

The advantages of a touch phone, IMO, outweights the negative. Basically, what the touch screen phone is trying to address is to provide a much wider viewing angle than those offered by conventional mobile phones.

I'm not sure what services can those touch screen phones have to offer in RP but in the US it is a far leap forward. The nav features alone is convincing enough for me to be a convert.

Mobile phones with physical keypads will always be preferred by those who require it. Me, I go with a touch screen type.

Peace

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I don't really prefer any type of phone, for me is the applications, ive been a nokia user for 10yrs but for the past 2 yrs i've been using my iphone and has a hundreds of applications for me to play with. but my wife prefer the slide X1 cuz, its fast & easy when on data or wifi thats all she cares for.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    qwerty for me...mas mabilis mag text

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    qwerty for me...mas mabilis mag text
    So it's blackberry style for you?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i prefer candybars.
    have used sliders and clamshells before, mabilis masira ang ribbon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mobile Phones - your preferred type?