New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I have experience using Chromecast but somehow I felt there are some limitations.

I explored other options like Miracast or Anycast pero gusto ko sana makahingi ng review kung meron man.

I dont watch Netflix etc. I just want to cast live stream boxing matches on a weekend or movies I downloaded.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ok naman ako with my Chromecast. Casting via YouTube is very seamless. But even with other video streaming sites/apps, I just use Google Home to cast the entire screen.

Minsan nagiging buggy but I just restart the app and it's fine again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Chromecast is also good! However if you are looking for other options you might want to checkout android media players.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Chromecast user din ako although iOS ang phone ko. OK naman. Di ko lang ma cast ang buong screen and walang option na mag cast ng fmovies. :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    For movies downloaded you can DLNA it with anycast

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    For movies downloaded you can DLNA it with anycast

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk
    For this, I only need the Anycast dongle that will be plugged in the HDMI port of the TV?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Chromecast works best with... Netflix, YouTube and Google Play purchases.
    There are videos where you see the "Cast" icon and it also works, but sometimes it's not perfect (I use it with the TFC App)

Anycast is a dongle that supports both Miracast and Airplay... Handy if you also have Apple devices... Nightmare for me since my primary phone is a Nexus and it doesn't support Miracast.

Miracast, I feel like its on the way out... Not even sure if Samsung devices still support it... It does work on my Zenfone, but that's about it.

So if you use an iOS device. Anycast will be a an inexpensive way to mirror your screen to a TV using Airplay.

Android, Chromecast will be the best option for you.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    There are videos where you see the "Cast" icon and it also works, but sometimes it's not perfect (I use it with the TFC App)

Anycast is a dongle that supports both Miracast and Airplay... Handy if you also have Apple devices... Nightmare for me since my primary phone is a Nexus and it doesn't support Miracast.

Miracast, I feel like its on the way out... Not even sure if Samsung devices still support it... It does work on my Zenfone, but that's about it.

So if you use an iOS device. Anycast will be a an inexpensive way to mirror your screen to a TV using Airplay.

yung anycast ba yung available sa lazada na tag less than 500?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    yung anycast ba yung available sa lazada na tag less than 500?
    Yun din naisip ko... Bought mine for less than 350

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

The problem I have with Chromecast is that it was not able to Mirror my ASUS zenfone.

I already found an app that can play and cast my downloaded movies.

BUT I am not sure if it can cast web browsers like Chrome or Puffin where I usually watch live stream sports (NBA, NFL, MLB, Boxing)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast