New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I dunno if this belongs under the Science and Tech Talk or under the Family, Love and Relationships thread...

Now that Sal9000 has officially married his virtual Love Plus wife, he briefly talks about life beyond.

Some guy known only as Sal9000 has married his Nintendo DS Girlfriend.

Here's a snippet from the article:

And so it continues. Last week we reported on a man who was so obsessed with his Nintendo DS girlfriend that he actually (and apparently legally) married the virtual vixen. The man, known only as Sal9000, went so far as to hold an actual marriage ceremony on Sunday. The wedding was even broadcast online according to a recent email sent over to Boingboing.

"Both the actual wedding space and the livecasting web site were full on the day of --I'm so happy so many people were able to witness this," he wrote. "There were over 3,000 connections and 7,000 comments made online, and the people who showed up in person at the ceremony also offered their congratulations. It was great."

With the ceremony over, Sal9000 plans to introduce his virtual wife to his parents on New Years, announcing their marriage. Outside of that shocking reveal, he plans to focus on a "happy household" and to let their love for each other grow as time goes on. Unfortunately, the email didn't specify how children will be made, or what will happen when the Nintendo DS finally kicks the bucket.

Boingboing was lucky enough to receive a handful of pictures showing the happy "couple" in various scenarios. We're still trying to come to grips with the whole thing, and suspect that Konami and the developers of the supposedly addicting Love Plus game are behind the whole marriage event. Games can certainly be addicting, but this possible marketing scheme takes it a bit too far.

But hey, gamers are required to kiss the Nintendo DS in Love Plus, so whatever floats your boat...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Someone really needs to get a life.

And I thought people who bought Japanese *** dolls were nuts. This one dips down to a new low.

I take that back. Nothing beats bestiality for sheer nastiness. So I guess, this one's okay. No?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yea, what a loser

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Someone really needs to get a life.

And I thought people who bought Japanese *** dolls were nuts. This one dips down to a new low.

I take that back. Nothing beats bestiality for sheer nastiness. So I guess, this one's okay. No?
    At least Japanese *** dolls looked like the real thing (or anime or whatever type floats your boat).

Last edited by ghosthunter; December 3rd, 2009 at 05:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IIIIIITTTTTTT'SSSSSS :hammer: TTTTTTIIIIIMMMMEEEEEEE!!!

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ungas din ano?

Baka bumabatak yang si Sal900.......

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Read the funny comments below the article.

"He's in serious danger of shorting out that card slot."

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    At least Japanese *** dolls looked like the real thing (or anime or whatever type floats your boat).

... and at least you can physically touch the dolls as opposed to virtual stuff.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    ... and at least you can physically touch the dolls as opposed to virtual stuff.
    ... not just touch.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    like dry humping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Man Officially Married Virtual GF, Plans Future