New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hehehe! naku kanina pa ko pabalik balik ng apple website. excited! hahahaha!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    macbook air! astig! wafer thin notebook. hindi kaya mabali to sa backpack? lol another notebook for gadget junkies like me to drool on. steve give us kahit 60 gig na ipod touch naman! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Macbook Air looks damn fine, with the following dimensions:

Height:
    0.16-0.76 inch (0.4-1.94 cm)
    Width:
    12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
    Depth:
    8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
    Weight:
    3.0 pounds (1.36 kg)

but it seems too expensive (starts at USD1,799) for a laptop that doesn't have a built-in optical drive, 1 usb port, and a max internal hdd capacity of 80gb.

indeed you pay more for less in the world of tech

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1799 * usd to peso = 41

pwede...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The MacBook Air... or MBA...

Sealed tight like an iPod, nothing is (officially) upgradeable. Even the battery is not replaceable. Anything goes wrong, you have to ship it out for repairs.

It doesn't have a network port. - Not really a big deal. However, if you do need it, you'll have to buy the USB-RJ45 converter of Apple (which costs quite a bit for a wire peripheral).

On the looks department, well, looking at it from the pics, it just resembles a very thin Acer Gemstone. Only when I get to see it physically will I change this view, I guess...

The price.... US$1800 is a bit too much. I thought they were going to price it 'competitively' as from the rumors? Oh well...

In the end, I think this laptop is for those who have too much money to burn ala Paris Hilton. Me, not only am I not qualified to be one of those, I also am not impressed with the device.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The MacBook Air... or MBA...

Sealed tight like an iPod, nothing is (officially) upgradeable. Even the battery is not replaceable. Anything goes wrong, you have to ship it out for repairs.

It doesn't have a network port. - Not really a big deal. However, if you do need it, you'll have to buy the USB-RJ45 converter of Apple (which costs quite a bit for a wire peripheral).

On the looks department, well, looking at it from the pics, it just resembles a very thin Acer Gemstone. Only when I get to see it physically will I change this view, I guess...

The price.... US$1800 is a bit too much. I thought they were going to price it 'competitively' as from the rumors? Oh well...

In the end, I think this laptop is for those who have too much money to burn ala Paris Hilton. Me, not only am I not qualified to be one of those, I also am not impressed with the device (READ: device, not computer).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How much extra is the optical drive for the MBA? I mean if I had an MBA, I would expect to install apps from cd or dvd.

I wouldn't mind if someone gave me one for my birthday. But buying one on my own? Probably not. I rather have the Eee PC.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Judging from the comparison Jobs made with the Sony TZ, MBA is priced competitively. Sony TZs range from 2,100 to 3,700... You can also run both Mac OS & Windows... Would I buy it? No, mas attractive para sa akin ang HP Pavillion TX2000 series... Tablet PC with Active Digitizer.. for 1,299...

I noticed also Apple is not priced competitively as of the moment... imagine a starting price point of 1,100usd for the laptop when most mid-level notebooks start around 800... 600usd for the entry levels... Maybe in 2006 their pricing is at par with PC notebooks but since then notebooks dropped in prices tremendously with Apple still staying with their current price scheme...

I would like to see a 999 Macbook with a DVD writer... Its ridiculous for Apple to say they are in the forefront of digital video & graphics when you can just burn SVCDs with their entry level products which is soooo 2004 technology....
    Last edited by mikmik316; January 16th, 2008 at 09:36 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pano kaya re-install nito ng Mac Leopard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Macworld 2008