New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just want to revive an old hobby of mine... since im new to macs and dont want to shed a lot of money, I got the amplitube 3 software installed. afaik you need a software (asio4all) to convert analog to digital signals for amplitube to process the sound coming from the guitar pickups.

my question is do i have to install a software similar to the one i used in my window based laptop? any idea what software do i need? i have a core i5 macbook pro running mountain lion.

will it be possible to have my output through my bluetooth speakers?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    medyo ironic na kumuha ka ng mac and you don't want to shed a lot of money.

anyway, sa set up ko, i use SoundFlower + AU Lab combo (in layman's terms, all audio output is processed by AU Lab for equalizer purposes, then sends the processed signals to soundflower. Soundflower is responsible for sending the processed signal to whatever audio output device you want that is connected to your mac)

as for connecting your instruments to your mac for recording (i haven't used amplitube yet pero i always use garage band. just install that if hindi siya pre loaded sa mac mo, no need for signal processors. simpleng jack to baby jack converter lang, tapos diretso na sa mic in.

amateur enthusiast posting probably from a nexus device

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for reply! it seems that i just need the proper connector.

got the mac for my wife. she just doesnt use it anymore. sayang naman kung matatambak lang so i plan to use this to revive my old hobby of playing the guitar using the mac as a processor and multi effects for practice.
    Last edited by badsekktor; April 7th, 2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: additional info