New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    My problem with a Mac in a regular office setting is the inadequacy of applications like Outlook and Visio. I find. Myself switching back to the Windows VM for those apps. Mine works very well for home use though.

Some of our engineers use the Mac exclusively but still rely on a Win VM for some apps.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    My problem with a Mac in a regular office setting is the inadequacy of applications like Outlook and Visio. I find. Myself switching back to the Windows VM for those apps. Mine works very well for home use though.

Some of our engineers use the Mac exclusively but still rely on a Win VM for some apps.

i don't promote Mac use to everybody - the right tools for the job ika nga. kung hindi appropriate ang Mac for your business then there's not much sense in using it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    hesitant talaga at first kapag sanay ka na sa pc and then mag mac ka. sa macdo lang ako may minions pa.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake1 View Post
    My ofice recently issued/ gave me a MacBook Pro laptop (for being a good boy)... however I'm not an Apple person and have not even thought of the getting one before.... unless its free.... and now it is...

I use my laptop for business and pleasure...(games/ "educational films" ) and its a jack of all trades for me... I've used the Windows format all my life and havent even as much as run my grubby lil hands on a Mac before...

However, Im at a crossroads here... im a practical person and am not one to feel SC over having a Mac.. I've also discovered that all Mac periphirials cost at least 4x to 5 times their PC conterpart...(wala pang Mac products and CDR King..hehehe)... a mouse for 3k or a power supply for 3-4k.. and the list goes on...

I cant have my cake and eat it too.... I can keep the Mac and endure its learning curve nad regret not being able to play Call of Duty..etc.... or swap it with my significant other's i3 toshiba laptop.... (She's been drooling over it)..I know that value wise.. I would be at a loss....but if if a Mac isnt for for me.. well....

What say you....?
    You have a problem that isn't a problem

Just run Windows on your Macbook if you don't like a learning curve.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Swap it to your significant other, problem solved.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    hesitant talaga at first kapag sanay ka na sa pc and then mag mac ka. sa macdo lang ako may minions pa.
    Di ko napansin nagjoke pala si Retz

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Agree with Andywesteast...partition it, do a double boot OS. Puedeng windows, puedeng mac. Lahat ng files mo, gawin mong external files using external storage drives.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    bigay mo na lang kay misis

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    swap na nga sa significant other, pero iniisip yun price difference, anong klaseng "significant other" ka?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    to TS laki ng problema mo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast