New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My mom-in-law lost her iPhone 6 december of 2014. Then around 2 weeks ago, some pictures were appearing in her iPhone 5s's photo album. It was found out that the pictures were automatically saved from viber.

Apparently, the one who got my MIL's iphone uses viber which still uses my MIL's mobile number. My MIL's iphone 5s, which was restored from her iphone 6 after she lost it, is now a participant in a group chat in viber.

How can we pinpoint which of the participants in the group chat got my MIL's iphone 6?

From the pictures, we were able to pinpoint the work location of the one who got the iphone 6.

Also, should we be able to identify who is holding the iphone 6 now, how can we take back the phone? Baka kasi nabili lang din nya, not knowing na nakaw lang pala yung phone.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    My mom-in-law lost her iPhone 6 december of 2014. Then around 2 weeks ago, some pictures were appearing in her iPhone 5s's photo album. It was found out that the pictures were automatically saved from viber.

Apparently, the one who got my MIL's iphone uses viber which still uses my MIL's mobile number. My MIL's iphone 5s, which was restored from her iphone 6 after she lost it, is now a participant in a group chat in viber.

How can we pinpoint which of the participants in the group chat got my MIL's iphone 6?

From the pictures, we were able to pinpoint the work location of the one who got the iphone 6.

Also, should we be able to identify who is holding the iphone 6 now, how can we take back the phone? Baka kasi nabili lang din nya, not knowing na nakaw lang pala yung phone.
    Pag bumili siya ng nakaw, he's still liable

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015

you report it to the police and have it recorded in the blotter. Violation of Anti-Fencing Law yan (PD 1612).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm, nasa sa inyo naman if you will press charges or not(i doubt if our police are that diligent in filing case on your behalf)?

Please don't take it the wrong way, but are our police that cybercrime-savvy that they know what to use as evidence?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

hmm, nasa sa inyo naman if you will press charges or not(i doubt if our police are that diligent in filing case on your behalf)?

Please don't take it the wrong way, but are our police that cybercrime-savvy that they know what to use as evidence?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Try announcing that you are the owner of a lost iphone 6 used by one of the chat participants. The first one to drop out is likely the culprit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What can we do if we are already infront of the person holding my MIL's iphone?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    What can we do if we are already infront of the person holding my MIL's iphone?
    Hmmm ask nicely? Saan nabili phone?

Check serial number.

Bring the box (sana naitabi ni biyenan mo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

Check serial number.

Do you think he/she will easily part with the iphone bought for more than 20K?

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

Check serial number.

Signature

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kinda weird that they 'bought' the phone and still is using the same mobile number in Viber?

Leaning towards the line of thinking that they figured it's 'finders keepers'.

Agree that bringing the box would definitely help your case.

Kinda weird that they 'bought' the phone and still is using the same mobile number in Viber?

Leaning towards the line of thinking that they figured it's 'finders keepers'.

Agree that bringing the box would definitely help your case.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hmm maybe just cross the bridge when you get there?

Proving that phone is your MIL's is one thing.

Getting it back is another story.

Singitan ko ng OT

Since sa viber, once yung contacts mo may viber diba automatic na yun added sa contacts sa viber app.

Yung immediate supervisor ko, may minemessage officemate din namin.

Since out of this world mga reply, she decided to approach si officemate.

Asking How come ganun mga sagot, parang hindi siya kilala?

Officemate answered na wala siya viber sa phone. We checked it wala nga.

Pero same number yung gamit niya dun sa number ng asa viber ng immediate ko.

Until now gamit pa din nung asa viber niya yung number ni officemate ko.

Ang labo nga eh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast