New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    US or local media?
    Local Media bossing. Last night sa 24 oras, and this morning sa channel 7.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's MB's write-up about Pam...

Fil-American socialite rocks Hollywood!

There’s a Filipino-American who’s making her presence felt in the US, especially Hollywood, these days. Her name is Pam Tan. And from what we were told, she’s currently rocking Hollywood by being in the company of the world’s entertainment capital’s rock stars, actors and other celebrities. This, in just 30 days of venturing into Los Angeles, California!

Born in New York, and raised and educated in the Philippines, Pam is now based in Las Vegas. She finished a degree in Philosophy at De La Salle University and is said to be the heiress to one of the country’s largest fortunes. She has also been a business executive in the Big Apple. But Pam’s big dream is to make a name in Hollywood. This shouldn’t be hard for the wealthy socialite, because she is beautiful and oozing with talent! She has also been described as intelligent but daring, mysterious and unpredictable.

She wants to make it in Hollywood, not only for herself, Pam said, but also to help fellow Asian-Americans to make a strong mark in the entertainment industry in the US. So far, Pam has played bit roles in some American films.

Interestingly, within a month, we were told that Pam was warmly embraced by Hollywood’s royalty. She’s been seen socially linked and seen in the company of such famous international celebrities like Paris and Nicky Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Quincy Jones, Mary-Kate Olsen, The Rock, Ice Cube and Nelly among others. She has also been spotted socializing at movie premieres, club openings, charity events, boxing bouts and many other red-carpet events in the US.

She knows that such dream of making it big in Hollywood won’t be easy. "It’s not an easy road for me. Everyone tells me it could even be impossible. But I just calmly tell them, ‘don’t tell me what I can’t do, tell me how I can break through,’" she said.

Right now, there’s nothing that could please Pam Tan more than fusing the best of the East and the West. "Asians are underrepresented in Hollywood, yet we make up 60 percent of the world’s population! I believe it’s about time we truly make our presence in America."

Although she has spent years in the US, Pam considers herself 100 percent certified Pinoy-bred. Pam is 23-year-old and she also has a Chinese and Korean blood. She will always be proud of her Filipino heritage, she said.

We wish Pam all the luck!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hooray for pam!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's MB's phone interview with Pam:

Who is Pam Tan?

We put her out in this column last Saturday but we are still intrigued about Pam Tan, who is said to be rocking Hollywood with her exotic, ***y yet strong presence.

In a telephone interview, we asked Pam what she has in common with Hollywood and the Philippines, and she said: "We have each other." The socialite grew up and studied in the Philippines but she has lived for the past several years in the US. She is coming over for a visit and will hold a press conference, she said, for a very interesting Hollywood film project she will be a part of.

Aside from her socializing with such famous celebrities as Paris and Nicky Hilton, fellow Fil-American talent Rob Schneider, The Rock, and Lindsay Lohan among others, we’re certain everyone would want to know more what lied behind that dazzling and enchanting face.

Let’s get to know Pam better through this Q&A:

Q: Who is Pam Tan as a person?

A: Who knows...? You see, when you surprise yourself with the things you choose, how can you say you really know yourself? From what I (Pam Tan) know of her, she is both good and bad. Natural yet crazy. Perfectionist yet human too.

Q: We’ve noticed that you have mixed blood, what’s your ethnicity?

A: I’m total mutt. Mixed all over.

Q: Where did you go for your University degree?

A: I attended De La Salle University. (Go Green Archers!) Then I transferred to New York University and completed my degree in Philosophy there.

Q: You mentioned the Green Archers, that’s the De La Salle University’s official basketball team right?

A: Yeah. I just love basketball! I used to watch every championship game and have so much fun. My friends and I really get in to it. We would cheer and shout a lot. I miss those days.

Q: You are now based in Las Vegas, what do you miss most in the Philippines?

A: I miss my family so much. We’re all very busy people. But no matter what, every night we’d always have dinner together. Now, no one calls me for dinner anymore. So I had to get used to that. I also missed my friends and my gosh the food! I’m carving for the fishballs I used to eat sa tambayan at La Salle.

Q: It’s not the most common thing to just pack your bags and live by yourself in a country you didn’t grow up in. Yet you did this, how was your move from the Philippines to New York?

A: In the beginning, it was terrible. I’m used to our culture of warmth, and there was definitely no warmth when I go to New York. So I spent all my money calling everybody in the Philippines. It would be like four in the morning, and when they pick up the phone, it’s me calling. At one point it got really tough. So I had a good long talk with myself. I told myself to suck it up. And that was that.

Sometimes the most painful things in life are the most beneficial. Of course we only realize this when we look back at it. All I know is, I wouldn’t be where I am today without it.

Q: In such a fast–paced city, what do you do with your idle time?

A: I rarely have idle time. But when I do, I practice Martial Arts. I train Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do. I also love to dance. And when I’m feeling mellow, I go bury my face for hours on Emma’s furry tummy. (Emma is her cat).

Q: You’re a strong and compulsive person. In spite of living yourself in the US, where do you get your strength and moral support?

A: I get my strength from my family. Especially my father. He’s just so intelligent and generous, it’s amazing. There’s no important decision in my life that I don’t consult him with. That’s how much I respect him. And I love to learn so I ask him questions about how he thinks or what he would do in a certain scenario. Sometimes I ask so much I think it drives him crazy. In a good way of course.

Q: What are some of the challenges you face in the US entertainment industry?

A: One of the issues I face is that I’m not the typical blonde, blue–eyed girl that Hollywood is used to. I’m brown haired and brown–eyed woman. And I sure am mighty proud of it!

Q: So, do you think that any young Fil–Am, like you, can make it in Hollywood?

A: Yes and no. Yes, if you have passion. No, if you don’t. I don’t believe in the impossible. It’s all about the fire in you.

Q: We’ve heard that you’ve been attending red-carpet events in Hollywood. What was it like hanging out with Paris Hilton, Rob Schnieder, Lindsey Lohan and Vin Diesel?

A: Very very cool.

Q: I’m sure a lot of people want to know this about you. Do you have a boyfriend?

A: Yes. And there is not a day I don’t see him. His name is Toshiba, my laptop computer.

Q: Who do you think is the most beautiful actress in Hollywood?

A: Angelina Jolie

Q: Didn’t you have any qualms, or inferiority complex in meeting famous Hollywood actors and stars, considering you are very new in the business?

A: None at all. If you believe you in who you are, nobody can make you feel inferior. Ever.

Q: What are you plans now?

A: I love acting and I love business. You will see very soon my involvement in the two. As of the moment, I cannot speak about it yet.

Q: So, when are you coming back to the Philippines?

A: You know it’s been so long since I’ve been back so I’m excited. I’m arriving this July 19.

Q: What would you say is one of the craziest things you’ve done in your life?

A: One of the craziest is also one of the most inspirational things I’ve done. I walked on fire, about 5 feet of burning coals.

Q: Is there any message you’d like to share to all of us?

A: Yes. Dream. Dream the impossible. Do the impossible.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    tayo na tayo fans club ni Pam.

si sir act ang president ..

sia na din financier

hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thanks all. I'll show her your appreciation. Pakita ko tong thread sa kanya. Let's hope she makes it into Hollywood para angat ang Pinoy 2005.

Wawa naman si Odell... Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can she understand tagalog? or dapat puro english ang post natin sa thread na ito for her to understand?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    She understands Tagalog. Fluent siya. She grew up here in Manila most of her life.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakakaintindi naman ata...DLSU daw eh.

well if not... you know...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Click on the NEWS section sa website niya. She got pics with Hollywood stars.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
--==//Look!!! My Sister's Website\==--