New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi Guys,

I need your help and suggestions about my WiFi set up. I currently have a PLDT DSL WiFi device and I'd like to connect an AP repeater para mabigyan ko ng WiFi yung mga relatives ko which are across the street. Anong brand ba ang maganda at pang long range talaga? Ang gusto ko sana ay kapag lumabas ako ng bahay ay magiging ganun din yung connection ko, kung baga automatic na lilipat sa mas malakas na WiFi signal. Is this possible?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Repeater is something you intend to put in between in order to connect the 2 APs you wish to connect. So you have to install it outside your home, for that you need access to power & require a ruggedized repeater housing in order to protect the repeater electronics

Btw, how far is the separation between the 2 APs you intend to connect together?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4030E using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My previous setup, where my office was just across our house, was using a uni-directional antenna pointed to a router across the street. Naka bridge mode yung 2 routers (the one where the external antenna is connected and the router across the street).
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    possible naman... kulang lang sa information na binigay mo is kung gaano kalayo yung house across the street... How many meters??

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There are multiple ways of addressing what you want. However, the best solution will depend on a lot of factors:

1. The distance between the farthest parts of the two house where WiFi coverage is required
    2. The number of floors each houses have
    3. The kind of materials the houses are mainly built with
    4. How bad is WiFi interference in the 2.4 and 5GHz bands within the vicinity

Offhand, here are your choices:

1. The SIMPLEST and cheapest approach is to reposition the lone AP/Router so that both houses can get sufficient WiFi coverage.
    2. Another approach is to utilize two (2) APs. The first one would be your AP/Router servicing your home. The 2nd one would be situated by a window facing the 2nd house, preferably on a higher floor, using either the built-in omni antenna or an external sector antenna.
    3. The IDEAL method is to have two (2) APs and two (2) wireless bridges. The first AP would be your AP/Router in the first house while the 2nd AP would be in your relatives' house. These two APs will be joined by a pair of wireless bridges (search in Google for a description).

Use different channels for all APs. The two bridges should be using the same channel but different from the two APs.

Example: (can be in any combination of the three non-overlapping channels: 1, 6, and 11)

AP1: Channel 1
    Bridge 1 and 2: Channel 6
    AP2: Channel 11

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been searching for some long range outdoor AP. May nakita ako na Tenda yung brand. BTW the distance between my house and my relatives is approx 20m apart.

Kakayanin na kaya ng Tenda yung ganung distance, and this Tenda is rated for 1Km directional feed.

Hi Oj88, the AP and bridge that you are referring to, are they just the usual WiFi routers?

Thank you very much for your replies guys, please keep it comming.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Spot on na yung sinabi ni oj88

Regarding Tenda medyo overkill na yan kung 20 meters lang pala

Pili ka na lang sa choices dito

villman.com/Category/Access-Points

or

pcx.com.ph/peripherals/networking/network-accessories.html

Sa cheapest alternative baka nga ito pwede na for that pero it still your choice
    Edimax EW-7438RPn