New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have a Linksys AC1750 router, but its wifi coverage is not that strong...there are dead spots in my home despite wifi extenders being installed... now I come across this Litebeam AC and I am tempted to buy it to extend my wifi coverage...would this work? By the way, I have wired CAT 6 cables around the house and a LAN switch in the middle where I plan to connect the Litebeam AC... is this possible?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I have a Linksys AC1750 router, but its wifi coverage is not that strong...there are dead spots in my home despite wifi extenders being installed... now I come across this Litebeam AC and I am tempted to buy it to extend my wifi coverage...would this work? By the way, I have wired CAT 6 cables around the house and a LAN switch in the middle where I plan to connect the Litebeam AC... is this possible?
    Put additional acees points, not extenders, to parts of your home that needs WiFi. Use your Cat 6 wiring to do so. Extenders aren't alwys the miracle device a lot of people seem to think.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kung me cabling naman po kayo, baka pwede na additional access point. Bili or hiram kayo ng maliit na router and put it in AP mode.

Are you exclusively using the 5ghz band? Dehado talaga yan if u need the signal to penetrate through walls.

afaik, range extenders add to the Wifi latency. Try nyo po ireposition ung router to get better coverage. Medyo trial and error lang talaga. Kung di talaga madala, you can try sir oj88's suggestion.