New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The past few days, my Linksys WRT54G wireless router will suddenly drop the internet connection. I will have to unplug and plug it to get the internet connection back. It is only the internet connection that is blocked, the home networking between my desktop and laptop was not affected.

Is this a common problem with all WRT54G? If yes, can this be replaced under warranty? My warranty will expire on Nov. 20.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    im also interested in the solution (and what's causing the problem)

my router was also doing this a few of months back. got pissed so nag direct connect nalang muna ko sa modem. but last month i decided to use it again, it's been on 24/7 without dropping the connection once. di ko pa din alam bakit nagda-drop ng connection dati or what to do if it happens again.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wrt54g user here too, smartbro ISP ko, ano ISP nyo?

3 weeks ago nag start problema, sa umaga till 4pm ok yan, pag on mo connected agad, surf ka till 4pm biglang mawawala internet. or pag nag on ka sa gabi sa smartbro portal ka redirected tapos di ka makalog on, puro error lang. then tatawag ka sa hotline and mga 30 mins kayo mag config ng pc mo na wala ka naman ginalaw sa settings. and every call wala silang maibigay na explanation, sisihin pa ikaw kasi may nagalaw ka daw sa settings, mga wlang kwenta. and may isang beses tatawag daw tech support, next morning nag ring cell ko isang ring lang pag kuha ko sa table wala na, akala ko tatawag ulit, nung hapon pagtawag ko sa smart to compain again, sabihan pa ako na
    "sir tumawag po kanina pero di daw kayo sumasagot" uminit ulo ko agad kasi 4 days na ganun connection tapos isang ring lang di na ako sumagot, namura ko na sabay hingi ng pangalan nya, at nung gumawa nung report, ayaw ibigay mga pangalan na. tapos "sir is alright to turn on your pc and check natin settings?" "NO! kasi 4 days na nyo ako ginag*go and 3 houses down lang ang tower nyo sa amin for sure sa inyo ang sira. pero pag singilan mabilis kayo."

kakapikon, no choice lang ako kasi dito either PLDT or smartbroken ka lang, wala na ibang ISP sa area, badtrip

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My WRT54G router is connected to PLDT DSL.

Pwede ba itong magupgrade ng firmware?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    My WRT54G router is connected to PLDT DSL.

Pwede ba itong magupgrade ng firmware?
    pwede but read muna this>>> Open source wrt54g story

till now di ko pa ginagawa, in my case kasi placing the router on the second floor fixed my signal problems. according to Vinz(blackmagic) the downward signal is better than the upward signal so tried it and poof ayos agad hehe.

yung sa unang post ko nasa second floor na router and only the ISP signal is dropped, the local network works fine on 2 laptops.
    Last edited by impulzz; October 2nd, 2007 at 11:18 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I have my WRT54G connected to my other ISP,- Smartbro.... I have not experienced your problem so far.... It could be that your DSL is being disconnected or the router is losing track of your ISP's assigned internet address.... Even if that happens though, your local network should not be affected.

4000:play_ball:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Dami pala natin na gumagamit ng Linksys WRT54G....so far I have not encountered any problems..Have you upgraded the firmware already? I did.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I have my WRT54G connected to my other ISP,- Smartbro.... I have not experienced your problem so far.... It could be that your DSL is being disconnected or the router is losing track of your ISP's assigned internet address.... Even if that happens though, your local network should not be affected.

4000:play_ball:
    I know that my DSL was not disconnected since all the lights in the modem are functioning/ON/or blinking. And the moment that I turn OFF/ON the router, I can immediately browse the internet.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Dami pala natin na gumagamit ng Linksys WRT54G....so far I have not encountered any problems..Have you upgraded the firmware already? I did.
    How did you upgrade your router's firmware?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sir, Just go to Linksys website..then follow their instructions.

You can check din pala yung firmware mo..baka updated naman. since bago pa yan. yung akin kasi is around 2 yrs old na. Just make sure you get the right firmware for your model. 3 or 4 ata ang firmware available for WRT54G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Linksys WRT54G problem