New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ Agree here. It's different when you're working and playing with 22" widescreen. And it is cheaper, too. In terms of quality LG is at par with Samsung for flat panel displays....

7101:hooray:
    I have tried working on 15", 17", 19" and 22" LCD monitors and the 22" is the best! It's big and wide. One thing that's making lean towards the Samsung T190 is the appearance and the contrast ratio. Since Horsepower said that I should not get blinded by those ratio's, I might reconsider and get the LG instead.

I have read lots of reviews of both monitors and almost all users have positive feedback's.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Based on the picture, it looks like the 932BWEPLUS. Yup, it looks good too.
    maraming peeble models po yan. I'm using 2232gw, peeble din.
    but quality, I'm not satisifed with mine. the color temperature is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Is it really true that those ratio's are just marketing gimmick and in the end they are all the same?
    from what I researched before I bought mine, yes, marketing hype lang yan. I would prefer a better view angle. problems with lcd where you notice the picture fade, and possibly look as if it will disappear from view.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    maraming peeble models po yan. I'm using 2232gw, peeble din.
    but quality, I'm not satisifed with mine. the color temperature is not right.

from what I researched before I bought mine, yes, marketing hype lang yan. I would prefer a better view angle. problems with lcd where you notice the picture fade, and possibly look as if it will disappear from view.

I was also considering the 2232GW but the price is just too much for a gift.hehe I still have a long list of "to buys" for a lot people this holiday season so I can't afford to lay another thousand or two for a monitor. Maybe next Christmas.hehe

Perhaps the reason why the picture starts fading is because your eye is starting to strain?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang mura nalang ng 22" LCD monitor ngayon. Parang gusto ko na tuloy palitan itong isang 17" LCD ko para pareho nang 22" widescreen LCD ang monitors ko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dynamic contrast ratio is just a scam. they change the backlight intensity to get such high contrast ratios...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Ang mura nalang ng 22" LCD monitor ngayon. Parang gusto ko na tuloy palitan itong isang 17" LCD ko para pareho nang 22" widescreen LCD ang monitors ko.

Yup 22s are getting cheaper but based on my research, this LG W2252TQ is the cheapest 22" in the market. There is also the 22" Viewsonic VA 2226W Widescreen for P9,700 (PC Gilmore).

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BTW, LG-Philips is the manufacturer of Apple Cinema HD displays (and i think all of the display requirements of Apple including the portables).

from experience, madali masira ang Samsung (all of the PC peripherals even our washing machine, ref and VCD player didn't last long.)

Yung LG, talagang matibay. Our LG freezer which we bought before the Samsung ref is still here working like its new. All LG PC peripherals I've purchased are still working too. (Monitors (both CRT & LCDs), DVD burners etc).

Me, im waiting for the 24" LCDs to drop. For now, I will settle with these TN LCds. I hope to upgrade to Super-IPS LCDs (which are currently 40-50k for the same size as these) after sometime.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    BTW, LG-Philips is the manufacturer of Apple Cinema HD displays (and i think all of the display requirements of Apple including the portables).

from experience, madali masira ang Samsung (all of the PC peripherals even our washing machine, ref and VCD player didn't last long.)

Yung LG, talagang matibay. Our LG freezer which we bought before the Samsung ref is still here working like its new. All LG PC peripherals I've purchased are still working too. (Monitors (both CRT & LCDs), DVD burners etc).

Me, im waiting for the 24" LCDs to drop. For now, I will settle with these TN LCds. I hope to upgrade to Super-IPS LCDs (which are currently 40-50k for the same size as these) after sometime.
    I want the 24s also but they are still expensive. Give it probably a year and perhaps that's the time that they will start slashing their prices.

The only Samsung that I had was a U600. I didn't like it and I wanted to throw it the 2nd of owning it. Always losing signal. It didn't last a year. I just hope I will not experience that in their LCD tv.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    just got the LG W2252TQ today for 9650. very satisfied with it.

the "FUN" buttom is gimmicky/useless though...

i bought it mainly because of the "SOURCE" button which allows me to to quickly switch between two PCs connected to it, my main pc via dvi and 2nd pc via vga.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    just got the LG W2252TQ today for 9650. very satisfied with it.

the "FUN" buttom is gimmicky/useless though...

i bought it mainly because of the "SOURCE" button which allows me to to quickly switch between two PCs connected to it, my main pc via dvi and 2nd pc via vga.
    Wow! At least now I have a source. Were you also eyeing on that model or did I have any influence on you?hehe Where did you get your unit? Since it's cheaper by P25.

I read a lot of reviews about it and a lot of them said there are features that are totally useless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
LG 2252TQ vs Samsung T190