New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hello All,

Can anyone suggest an ISP for this? We're looking for something that can provide us with 2mbps end to end(not just according to speedtest.net)from our Ortigas office going to HK. We've had a few subscriptions that's supposed to hit 1-2mbps, but based on our actual tests(we used iperf btw), pumapatak lang sa 150-220kbps.

Is it time to look into leased line and similar products? tia

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This looks like a job for.... fiberoptic. Is there an ISP that offers it in the Philippines?

Is cable broadband available there?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hello All,

Can anyone suggest an ISP for this? We're looking for something that can provide us with 2mbps end to end(not just according to speedtest.net)from our Ortigas office going to HK. We've had a few subscriptions that's supposed to hit 1-2mbps, but based on our actual tests(we used iperf btw), pumapatak lang sa 150-220kbps.

bro, although a leased line is a solution, i believe a fiber optic VPN solution should also work as well, much cheaper and better performance.

try to contact e-pldt if they have this. i think they have it.

PM me if you need a contact person/number.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    have you tried sa digitel? competitive naman ang price nila. and from what was discussed with me, may sarili silang fiber link so they serve as backup to the other ISPs.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir, try mo sa fibercity. eto website nila...

http://www.fibercity.com.ph/

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hello All,

all traditional telco's (ex. Globe, Bayantel PLDT & Digitel) offer E1 direct internet access . You can also try higher tier isp's like VSNL, Pacnet (formerly Asia Netcom), IP Converge (IPVG) etc. However, realistically you cannot have a 2mbps end-to-end circuit to your hk office unless you have an international private line (leased line). When you avail of an E1 internet service, this only guarantees you E1 access speed up to their Internet router port. After that is the Internet which is beyond anybody's control.

LF: E1 class internet connection