New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of new space and valuable resources. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Drunken Boys Night 2.5 and Saturday Football 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected.

I cannot seem to keep wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run some of my other favorite applications. I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall does not work on this program.

Can you please help me !!!???

Thanks,
    A TROUBLED USER

#############################

Dear TROUBLED USER,

This is a very common problem men complain about, but is mostly due to a primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by it's creator to run everything.

It is unlikely you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating files within your system would cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0 so nothing is gained. It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this.

Some have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than the original system. Look in your manual under "Warnings- Alimony/Child support". I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and deal with the situation.

I suggest installing background application program C:\YES DEAR to alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General Partnership Faults (GPFs). You must assume all responsibility for faults and problems that might occur, regardless of their cause. The best course of action will be to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. In any case avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because ultimately you may have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the operating system will return to normal. The system will run smoothly as long as you take the blame for all the GPFs.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high-maintenance. Consider buying additional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. I recommend Flowers 3.1 and Diamonds 2K. Do not, under any circumstances install Secretary with Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of Luck,
    Tech Support

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I have Girlfriend v7.0 at the moment and I am looking forward to having Wife v1.0 in the future since I have plans of upgrading hardware components. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe, very creative

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahahaha.... nicely done...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very old

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may WIFE1.0 din ako
    bundled na siya with BABY1.0, this july or august meron na akong BABY2.0

MOTHERWIFE1.0 na siya ngayon.
    Home Edition

VP-internal1.0
    naman kung Office Edition

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :bwahaha: first time reading it, haha.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mas ayus 'to mga pre. true story...

Version 2.0

HOLLAND, Mich. — Tacking Jr. or II onto a boy's name is too common, a new father decided, so the self-described engineering geek took a software approach to naming his newborn son.

Jon Blake Cusack talked his wife, Jamie, into naming their son Jon Blake Cusack 2.0.

Version 2.0 was born Tuesday at Holland Community Hospital (search), and the proud parents took him home Friday.

"I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake," Cusack, who is self-employed with Westshore Design and Cusack Music (search), told The Holland Sentinel.

He said he had the idea for a few months, and spent the better part of that time persuading his wife to go along.

Jamie Cusack said she didn't concede until the week before the birth. She said she had "picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other things. I decided to let Jon have this."

After 2.0's birth, the Cusacks sent out an electronic birth announcement.

"I wrote in the birth announcement e-mail stuff, like there's a lot of features from version 1.0 with additional features from Jamie," Jon Cusack said.

found at
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110112,00.html

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dear Tech Support & Troubled User,

It is best to have a partition on C: (adding) D:
    or add slave F: and store Girlfriend 7.0
    Never delete/uninstall Girlfiend 7.0

To bypass Wife 1.0, save Girlfriend 3,4,5, and 6 at the desktop so that Wife 1.0 will ignore Girlfriend 7.0.

Or use the wizard to make the 2 OS compatible if possible. If not go to DOS and shut down the system and run Girlfriend 7.0 in "safe mode".

Admin.

a letter to tech support...