New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I have a cheap Lenovo tablet bought in March 2017, it worked fine until one day in March 2019, I noted the speaker was broken.

I brought it to an authorized Lenovo service center, the technician checked and confirmed the speaker is defective. He told me if the tablet is still under warranty, they will order speaker from Lenovo for replacement, but since my tablet is out of warranty, Lenovo will not supply speaker for repair work.

I brought my tablet to another service center a few days later, the people there told me the same thing.

Dare you buy Lenovo products?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Options:

1. Use earphones.
    2. Greenhills repair shops.
    3. Buy another cheap tablet.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Options:

1. Use earphones.
    2. Greenhills repair shops.
    3. Buy another cheap tablet.

I am not in Manila, I have tried local repair shops, none of them can repair, they do not have the speaker.

If the device involved is a computer, option no. 3 is not practical.

I am not sure whether the policy also applies to other kind of products.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigT View Post
    I am not in Manila, I have tried local repair shops, none of them can repair, they do not have the speaker.

If the device involved is a computer, option no. 3 is not practical.

I am not sure whether the policy also applies to other kind of products.
    Parts availability will be a problem even in Manila. Speakers are specific to certain models so if they're out of warranty they're most probably out of production already. Some repair shops can source parts from other scrapped units but if your tablet is not that popular to begin with then it will be difficult to find.

If it's only the speaker that's busted then it'll be easier and most likely cheaper to get a bootleg Bluetooth external speaker. You'll get better sound too.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    I have a Lenovo K8 Plus phone. Ito rin ang concern ko once masira at kailanganin ng replacement parts ang phone ko.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Parts availability will be a problem even in Manila. Speakers are specific to certain models so if they're out of warranty they're most probably out of production already. Some repair shops can source parts from other scrapped units but if your tablet is not that popular to begin with then it will be difficult to find.

If it's only the speaker that's busted then it'll be easier and most likely cheaper to get a bootleg Bluetooth external speaker. You'll get better sound too.

I am also thinking of getting a small bluetooth speaker, I have seen a very small speaker available in Globe center in SM City, I will check if it is still available.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I have yet to encounter repair on Lenovo/IBM products because they last loong, so when they break its already obsolete and due for replacement.

If under warranty, just bring back to vendor. I've heard service center is in Makati and most Lenovo with international warranty will be honored there.

For tablets, it would cost much to source original parts so i'd rather try shops in Quiapo. They repair all kinds of tablets/ CP/ laptops they even do re-ball on SMD's. If you are lucky, they could switch original parts from their spare/cannibalized units.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yung Lenovo smartphone medyo hindi maganda ang quality at performance.

But the laptops are really reliable specially the Thinkpad when nabili nila yung IBM eh.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Yung Lenovo smartphone medyo hindi maganda ang quality at performance.

But the laptops are really reliable specially the Thinkpad when nabili nila yung IBM eh.
    Thinkpad ang gamit namin dito sa office namin. Very reliable.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Thinkpad ang gamit namin dito sa office namin. Very reliable.
    Yep we used Thinkpads also. An unlucky few experienced BSODs mainly because of HDD faults which were not caused by Lenovo itself. The battery does not last long also especially if left plugged in all the time. The hardware like the keyboard and hinges are solid though.

MSI-ECS in BGC services Lenovo products. I saw one client claim a repaired phone. Call ahead to confirm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast