New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Good day guys, please help me to decide or give me some points kung Samsung LED or LCD (40 ~ 55inches) television ang aking bibilin . Thanks in advance. Cheers mate.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Get the LCD Samsung Brand most of my Tv are Samsung worth for the money of long service that give me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you have the "moolah", go & get the Samsung LED. I have seen these myself, and really, they're better than LCDs in terms of picture quality, weight, & power consumption.

Pero ako LCD lang muna. I just got myself a Sony Bravia 32" lately.

Mahal pa LEDs eh........

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung LED refers to the backlighting ng LCD. Yung magandang klase ay yung full panel LED backlight. Mahal lang pagkagawa nito, Yung lumabas ngayon ay tawag edgelight LED o nakalagay yung ilaw sa kanto. Maganda 'to tignan dahil payat, pero maraming drawback ang kapalit. Common na sakit ay yung biglang dumdilim yung picture dahil sa brightness. Unfortunately, ginagamit ngayon ng Sony, LG at Samsung, for "eco-friendly" reason rather the picture-qulity... Pero kung gusto mo ng LCD, mas mabuti yung ordinary na lang.

Pros
    -Incredibly thin display is one of a kind

Cons
    -Annoying screen brightness fluctuations with dark or near-dark material
    -Poor light uniformity thanks to sidelighting
    -There is no way to lessen the Auto Dimming.
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 6th, 2009 at 10:03 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's not worth the money yet. Being a new tech, it's super expensive but its price would stabilize around the current LCD prices in a year or two. I have seen the Samsung LEDs and it's nice but having owned quite a number of Samsung stuff (both home and IT consumer), I am quite traumatized with their lack of quality.

I'll wait for LG or Sony. For the meantime, I'll stick with cheaper 120Hz+ HDTVs.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm also in the market for LCD TV's. Right now, I'm eyeing the Samsung B530 40-incher. I wouldn't go for LEDs at the moment, since reviewers point out a lot of issues. Well, the technology is still new, so that's expected.

For me, as long as its Full HD, has at least 2 HDMI ports and a USB slot, I'm a happy camper.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zeyvier View Post
    Good day guys, please help me to decide or give me some points kung Samsung LED or LCD (40 ~ 55inches) television ang aking bibilin . Thanks in advance. Cheers mate.
    If it will be purely for movie and cable TV watching, why don't you consider the good 'ol Plasma TV? It's cheaper and have better picture quality compared to LCD TVs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    If it will be purely for movie and cable TV watching, why don't you consider the good 'ol Plasma TV? It's cheaper and have better picture quality compared to LCD TVs.
    But doesn't even current plasma TVs have burn-in problems as well as a life span of a few years only with daily use?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    so they broadcast HD in Philippines now?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    all LEDs are LCDs. Ang difference lang ay nasa backlighting techniques. LCDs use flourescent lightings while LEDs use Light Emitting Diodes wherein you can dim it in darker areas (CONTRAST). Sa COLOR accuracy ay hindi nagkakalayo. DURABILITY is questionable sa LEDs kasi new technology pa lang ito, they don't have much history.

I say I'd go for LCDs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
LED or LCD television