New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what are the pros and cons aside from the price (mas mura ang lcd+tv tuner, right?)

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mas ok ang TV Tuner + LCD.

If the TV Tuner fails, madali palitan.

If the LCD Fails, madali palitan.

I'd recommend you get the DELL 2407WFP or 3007WFP + Hauppauge Tuner.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks horsepower....now searching!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mas flexible po ata ung lcd+pc+tv tuner -- i.e. scheduling recording your favorite tv shows and eventually burning them to dvd. pwede rin lcd tv + dvd recorder, but that would cost you a lot more(pero ultra cool lang nga ang dating). plus, as sir HP mentioned, per component ang pagreplace sa pc; pag tv or dvd recorder, chances are palit na buo.

tv tuners aren't that expensive; ung el cheapo software-based tuners are around 1.8k, ung mga me hw encoding nasa 4k up.

btw, some laptops come with tv tuners already, if the bulk of the pc is a concern...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I'd recommend you get the DELL 2407WFP or 3007WFP + Hauppauge Tuner.
    HP, is the 2407WFP and the hauppauge tuner available locally?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a laptop already...

but i want a separate tv monitor to watch american idol =p

so..would a standalone lcd monitor plus tv tuner do the trick? hindi na ikakabit sa laptop ko?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ^ Yup, it works,- That's currently my setup. Watching a CATV broadcast on it right now. Super satisfied at approximately less than half the cost....

Standalone TV tuner here, approx P3500.

3001:thud:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    ^ Yup, it works,- That's currently my setup. Watching a CATV broadcast on it right now. Super satisfied at approximately less than half the cost....

Standalone TV tuner here, approx P3500.

sir, may i know your current set up? like brand of lcd...how many inches..and brand of tv tuner...there are a lot of tv tuners, like what Hp said earlier..but there are still a lot of models to chose from..i dont know what to get..herherherher

like what connectors does the lcd monitor should have..etc..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TV Tuner is TV Box 1680 ITV-901 capable up to 1680 x 1050. Check www.itemstech.com.tw.... Price here P3500. Video input: antenna/CATV, RCA(Video-in), S-Video and Component; Audio input(stereo): RCA and earphone jack. VGA connectors too for monitor and PC. With remote controller.

LCD Monitor is LG L226WTQ - 22-inch. Price here is P16200. It has DVI and VGA connectors. Ayos sa PS2 games, DVD player et al.

Speaker is an old Altec Lansing - 2 speakers with subwoofer.

Last edited by CVT; June 16th, 2007 at 02:28 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    TV Tuner is TV Box 1680 ITV-901 capable up to 1680 x 1050. Check www.itemstech.com.tw.... Price here P3500. Video input: antenna/CATV, RCA(Video-in), S-Video and Component; Audio input(stereo): RCA and earphone jack. VGA connectors too for monitor and PC. With remote controller.

LCD Monitor is LG L226WTQ - 22-inch. Price here is P16200. It has DVI and VGA connectors. Ayos sa PS2 games, DVD player et al.

Speaker is an old Altec Lansing - 2 speakers with subwoofer.

thats a big help...thanks!!! futureshop..here i come

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
LCD Monitor plus tv tuner OR cheap LCD tv?