New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont know how to post pics. here's the link na lang. yung taga US dyan may naka try na ba? feedback naman. Makakatawag din daw sa cellphones, na try na nung friend ko.

http://www.magicjack.com/4/index.asp

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my family in the RP has it and uses it to call me often. my review:

pros:
    price. we talk now all the time and no worries about the phone bill later

cons:
    essentially an outbound call device. our model has to have the PC on, so you can't really receive calls because your PC is not on and attended 24/7

poor sound quality

was unreliable at the start with plenty of dropped calls. they took it back to the store and after some tweaks it was a lot better

there is an annoying lag where it seems the person on the other line talks, but their voice doesn't get to you until after a half-second. probably a function of the VOIP technology

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I'm here in Manila and I've been using this for a few weeks now.

You just plug it in your USB 2.0 port, follow the instructions (ie enroll your own US number) and you'll be up and running in a few mins. Remember to acknowledge the email that majicjack will send you to avoid the initial dropped calls...this is part of their terms of service.

You can call any US landline or Mobile Number. Your relatives and friends may also call you assuming you are online. If you are offline, the caller can leave you a voice mail and this voicemail will be saved as a .wav file which will then be sent as an attachment to your email.

I think the poor sound quality has to do with the type of broadband connection that you are using because I haven't experienced this yet. It also doesn't hog your bandwidth...I noticed that it takes only 80 to 100kbps...of course it may differ also depending on the number of users sharing the connection and their activities.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this Product. It has so far saved me thousands in my NDD bills

Bought mine at RSun btw...you can ask them to do a demo before deciding to get one.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    We have one... It's great!
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    those who already have the service...can you enlighten us with the financial side of the story...bills!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my brother who has an internet cafe in the province offers a call to US and canada for P1.50/minute. nakukuha yung pang monthly na pang bayad sa internet connection at may tubo pa daw sya. Typical reaction "bakit ang mura?" He connected a cordless phone para hindi halata na computer connection ang ginagamit.

Latest intenet phone provider: Magicjack