New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    there! basta huwag made in china! do not patronize the enemy!
    Err...lahat ata ng laptops gawa sa China. Asus and Acer are Taiwan based companies. Lenova was a Chines company from the start. They bought out IBM out of the personal computer business... If you want a non-China brand, Samsung, Sony, Dell or Apple ka na lang. But probably made in China rin mga iyan...

"God made the world. Everything else was made in China. "

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

karamihan sa foxconn taiwan ginagawa mga motherboards nila.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my experience, the most durable would be the IBM Thinkpads... Kaya lang wala ng ganito ngayon ata eh.
    Asus would be the second.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

karamihan sa foxconn taiwan ginagawa mga motherboards nila.

According to yugatech, Foxconn's manufacturing facilities are based in China
    Proudly made in China: A Chinese Gadget Round-up - YugaTech | Philippines, Tech News & Reviews

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    in my experience, the most durable would be the IBM Thinkpads... Kaya lang wala ng ganito ngayon ata eh.
    Asus would be the second.

Buhay pa po ang Thinkpad line.

imho, most of the known brands have their "consumer" and "business" class laptops. Lenovo has their Ideapad and Thinkpad laptops, Dell has the Inspiron and Latitude lines, etc.

Business-class laptops are usually built tough, each brand with its own rollcage technology(though not all thinkpads have this these days) and better battery life.

Kung pambahay lang, i guess the entry level models are ok...just watch out for the weight and battery life.

afaik Lenovo is a Chinese company. It made money making and selling PCs, then eventually bought IBM's laptop business along with the Thinkpad trademark.

personally i prefer Lenovo, then Asus.
    Last edited by badkuk; August 12th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ ah meron pa din ba? yung may pulang mouse button controller?
    sobrang heavy duty nyan.... in fact, yung pentium II ko na ganyan buhay pa....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    If I was in the market for a laptop today, my first choice of brand would be Lenovo's Thinkpad line - great build quality, with some of the best keyboards you can find in a mobile device. Second would be ASUS - they have a good track record when it comes to hardware reliability, and have really stepped up when it comes to design. I'd also consider Sony, though the price can be a bit prohibitive.

Acer would be at the bottom of my list - my experience with them is that my laptop started to fall apart after a year - bit of a shame, since their machines can have nice specs for the price. I would consider HP and Dell, but only from their business lines (i.e., HP's EliteBook and ProBook and Dell's Latitude lines), as their home/consumer laptops are pretty poorly built.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    very durable talaga ang thinkpad sa porma pa lang ng laptop very rugged na.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Dell XPS dati nagamit ko din, very durable and sturdy. Sarap nung puwede mo i-customize yung order mo eh. hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    very durable talaga ang thinkpad sa porma pa lang ng laptop very rugged na.
    My issue with LENOVO THINKPADS is the "blackbox" design which might look business-like but it's also a very old design, harking back to the 80s. I prefer the more modern metal ultrabook designs that have come popular in the last year.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Laptops / Notebooks for home use: Asus, Acer, Toshiba, etc.