New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    go for the branded ones, I used a vaio and i can say its better talaga kung may makuha kang support. Another brand to consider is Apple, a friend is showing me the features and mukhang ok, its not very expensive naman as the spec/price is comparable to other brand. Feeling ko ngayon eh parang medyo mahal tong vaio ko.
    is it true that one of the several reputable laptop shops here in the phils is beginning to discontinue selling vaios because they're having a rather difficult time acquiring parts for the units they've already sold?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hmmm... I dunno, sa far haven't experienced much of a hardware problem, mostly just some simple formating and it fixed. So I wasn't really able test out the support. All I know was that's what the salesperson told me, and I believed him.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    Hmmm... I dunno, sa far haven't experienced much of a hardware problem, mostly just some simple formating and it fixed. So I wasn't really able test out the support. All I know was that's what the salesperson told me, and I believed him.
    last month a relative wanted to purchase a new laptop. after a couple of days looking at brochures and browsing online, she decided on getting an n-series vaio. we went to pc corner gilmore after confirming they they had one in-stock. when we were about to purchase the unit, the salesrep dissuaded us from getting the vaio claiming that they, along with other laptop shops, were about to discontinue product support soon. so we ended up getting a yonah based asus subcompact instead. i hope what the rep said was only an unsubstantiated rumor and the local pc shops aren't really going to discontinue support for vaio.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    what do you mean local companies will discontinue support for vaio. isnt it sony has no official market presence here? so technically there is no reliable support and warranty here for now?

as for laptop repairs, i suggest going to greenhills. its cheaper and quicker. once we had an hp that encountered power problems. we brought it to the hp service center and it took them one month to tell us that we had to replace the motherboard. we said no thanks (since it was 4 years old already). as a last resort, we brought it to greenhills and they fixed it in a day.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    what do you mean local companies will discontinue support for vaio. isnt it sony has no official market presence here? so technically there is no reliable support and warranty here for now?
    as far as i know, walang local service center ang sony. pero kahit papano may official market presence sila. just this december as we were passing along a sony center, we were given appliance brochures which featured several vaio models in its lineup.

kahit papano nagbubukas din ng mga sirang notebooks ang mga techs sa local shops natin like pc corner. one time our trusty acer notebook's pcmcia slot stopped working. i brought it back to pc corner to have it fixed. fortunately, they had spare parts and they were able to repair the broken pcmcia slot in-house without having to send the unit to acer's official service center in paco, manila.

i'm just assuming since sabi ng rep "hirap kami kumuha ng piyesa..." e kahit pano nagbubukas din sila ng vaio and somehow attempt to repair the problems in-house din parang sa acer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
laptops: go cheap or go branded?