New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    gurus, my brod gave me a fujitsu-siemens laptop, model amilo pi1536. he bought it abroad. i have read the manuals and as i understand, automatic na madetect ang net pag nasa wi-fi area ako. all i need to do, based on the manual, is simply switch on the wireless button on its side. sad thing is, hindi talaga maka detect ang laptop. what should be done? im computer idiot, wala talaga akong alam pag may baguhin sa loob. does it mean i have to bring this to the repair shop and have somebody do it for me? or there are sites which will guide me do it? tnx.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what OS are you running? check your network connection settings.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    There should be an application that will allow you to search for available networks. Are you trying to connect to your own wifi network at home?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aside from the switch button, minsan kelangan mo pa i enable ang wireless LAN card mo. minsan ksi naka disable ito. click mo lng start button, then My network places, click mo sa left side view network connections, then mag appear dapat yung Local Area Connection (wired) saka yung pang wireless connection.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Is this an office Wifi? kung sa office to commonly may security (WEP keys) cla before you will have an access to their internet. If thats the case then I advise you to go to your IT department and let them do the job.

Else if thats not the case then try to verify the following if you're running on windows XP..

Go to control panel > Network Connection > Check the WIFI LAN if it is enabled. (Laptop have shorcut keys on their keyboard to enable WiFi)

A wifi related icon should appear on the lower right corner of your screen. Double click it and see all available networks and your current status.

hope this helps

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    better check your BIOS baka nadisable yan dun...

check also device manager if the wireless card is installed under network adapters

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by radiazone View Post
    better check your BIOS baka nadisable yan dun...

check also device manager if the wireless card is installed under network adapters
    bro, thanks so much. you hit it right. its working now.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    glad to help then... you are welcome...

laptop cant detect internet