New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys budget ko is around 30k lang eh since I'll be replacing it yearly naman. Sana at least centrino ang processor and 512Mb memory. Will my budget fit?

Ano kaya ang okay na brand na reliable?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    There will be generic brands available that use Celeron M's (new old stock). You'll be hard pressed to find a Centrino at 30k, although there might be some at 35k.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alpha_one,
    Thanks sir for the tip. In that case I might just increase my budget. What are the good brands kaya at 35k? 512mb na kaya memory? I saw some brands: Apex, Neo, Blue, and Twinhead. Are these reliable brands? I know a friend who uses Neo but how about the rest mentioned?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sa memory, most likely 256MB palang. You can shop around, some shops might offer a memory upgrade for free. I have relatives who use Neo and Twinhead, okey naman.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Many Thanks Alpha_one. I'll look into these brands. Don't know much about laptops but our IT guy here in the office told me to at least get those specs I mentioned. He told me just to get the cheapest with at least 1 year warranty since technology is fast paced in the IT world.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I have seen ECS and Blue Core Duo Models at less than P40K. Have several ECS units - quality is generally okay though the keyboard labels tend to fade and the bezels tend to crack.

Blue - I can't say much about it since I don't have any experience with the brand. All I know is that they are basically a whitebook relabeler - meaning they buy the notebooks from a manufacturer and relabel them as Blue. So in checking produt quality, you need to determine the actual manufacturer. Just as importantly, you need to check the quality of after-sales service, especially if you do not have access to hardware engineers/technicians who can help you resolve simple issues quickly.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Toshiba L30 is just right on your budget. I am using an L35 and I cant say anything but, it is great.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I saw a couple of weeks ago yung toshiba L30 sa octagon computer shop sa sm megamall. 30k nga cya and some lower than 30k.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    djerms...
    pm mo si horsepower or si mikmik

im sure may katapat yang 30K mo...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Toshiba L30 is just right on your budget. I am using an L35 and I cant say anything but, it is great.
    sir fireblade, gaano siya kabigat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Laptop at 30k