New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hmmm...Microsoft imposes a raid quota on the Philippine gov't. The gov't responds by complying but providing promotional assistance to the raided? Ganun pala yun? Iba talaga ang pinoy!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Hmmm...Microsoft imposes a raid quota on the Philippine gov't. The gov't responds by complying but providing promotional assistance to the raided? Ganun pala yun? Iba talaga ang pinoy!
    Its just to let the US government and Microsoft see that the philippine government is "doing" something in regards to the software piracy problem. At the same time, it also a drive to fill the quota sheets of Microsoft Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    scary
    internet shops lang kaya ang nireraid? anu anung biz pa kaya?
    baka one day may kumatok nalang sa house natin tapos i-raid pc natin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jundogg View Post
    scary
    internet shops lang kaya ang nireraid? anu anung biz pa kaya?
    baka one day may kumatok nalang sa house natin tapos i-raid pc natin.
    Basically the OMB will not raid private houses. Its not worth the cost of a "raiding team".

The complainant (like microsoft) will have to put up a unrefundable "bond" which is used by the NBI and police to finance the teams used for the raid. In that light, the complainant would prefer to get the most "return" for their money. They would prefer to do a raid with some media people so it would reach the evening TV news report and a newspaper report on the next day.

The OMB will raid two or three computer rental shops and maybe one private company who are using unlicensed softwares (typically microsoft products like Windows and Office) on their computers in a year. Typically private companies get raided less often because the OMB would send a letter stating that the company has been under surveilance and reminding the company to legalize the softwares they use. Computer rental shops typically don't get the same treatment.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Incidentally, I got a letter coming from PNP Anti-fraud and Criminal Crimes Division, just now...

langya, bigla akong natakot, akala ko kung ano na eh I was just reading this thread kahapon and ngayon eto may letter ako from them.

Letter came from Pilipinas Anti-Piracy Team, OMB, PNP and NBI...(langya di ka ba naman matakot nyan)

Pero the letter contains just a heads-up and alert about the current copyright infringement law and how to handle this. (wheeeewww!)

And it states at the bottom of the letter:
    To REPORT software pirates, CALL 1-800-1-888-8787 (Php 1 Million reward)
    or visit www.papt.org.ph

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    brus, kagabi sa news nag ikot ang OMB sa makati para mag inspect. then ayaw silang papasukin sa isang building tapos pinagagalitan nung isang OMB agent (attorney itong agent) yung security guard. mukang walang warrant or papeles itong OMB kaya ndi makapalag.

anu bang rules dito sa mga raids na ito?

kung talagang merong suspetya ang OMB na ang mga large offices ay gumagamit ng pirated softwares, bakit ndi sila kumuha ng warrant to search the offices ndi yung papasok sila basta basta na parang karapatan nola yun.

i mean even mga raids di ba kelangan ng tamang paperworks (warrants, etc.) at surveillance, etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    brus, kagabi sa news nag ikot ang OMB sa makati para mag inspect. then ayaw silang papasukin sa isang building tapos pinagagalitan nung isang OMB agent (attorney itong agent) yung security guard. mukang walang warrant or papeles itong OMB kaya ndi makapalag.

anu bang rules dito sa mga raids na ito?

kung talagang merong suspetya ang OMB na ang mga large offices ay gumagamit ng pirated softwares, bakit ndi sila kumuha ng warrant to search the offices ndi yung papasok sila basta basta na parang karapatan nola yun.

i mean even mga raids di ba kelangan ng tamang paperworks (warrants, etc.) at surveillance, etc.
    Regarding raids, they must have a valid search warrant. If there is a single incorrect detail in the search warrant, you can make them go away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
lagro was raided by OMB - microsoft compliance