New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    National Telebabad Day

PLDT gave its subscribers a surprise treat last Christmas and New Years Day. For just P20, they allowed their subscribers to call each other anywhere in the country, UNLIMITED.

I heard they are coming up with an enhanced offer this coming January 5, 2005. Dubbed as National Telebabad Day, PLDT will allow its subscribers to call each other anywhere in the Philippines and to the 19 million Smart subscribers for just P50, UNLIMITED for that day.

I also noticed that they have special offers for subscribers in Bacolod, Batangas, Cavite, Cebu, Iloilo, Makati, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Pasig, and Taguig. I was trying to figure out what’s so special about these areas, such as bill wipe-outs (a chance for your whole phone bill to be paid by PLDT), and special computer subsidies for new DSL subscribers for those visiting PLDT booths in SM malls in these areas. The only link I see is that these are Globelines areas.

I was also told that there will be a nationwide sale of DSL at greatly reduced rates for that day also.

Globelines on the other hand will launch its free NDD calls to its subs on Jan. 5. Great plan except for a small hitch. Globelines just has one-tenth of the subscriber base of PLDT, and they are located in limited areas only. This was highlighted by PLDT’s recent ad showing a very thin phone book of Globelines and a towering photo of PLDT’s phonebooks nationwide (naughty ad but effective). So if I may borrow a phrase from another movie, Ghostbusters, "Who you gonna call?" But if this catches fire, their subs base can definitely increase and give PLDT a run for its money.

What encourages me is that the landline seems to be alive again. I actually almost left it for dead already. But if I can make cheaper unlimited calls using my landline, get special packages for DSL, get connected to the Internet, download music, videos and pictures, send e-mails with attachments to my friends worldwide, play the hottest online games, text for free via my computer and more, then even my cellphone can’t beat that.

Sources: philstar.com & http://www.philstar.com/philstar/News200501050702.htm

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As stated in the AD:

January 5 Telebabad to Death DAY!!!

Walang Sawang unlimited NDD calls to PLDT Landlines nationwide and all SMART/TALKnTEXT cellphones for only P50.
    Ngayon lng to! No need to apply.
    Telebabad agad!

sayang... Jan 5 lang....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pero ok yung bagong pakulo ng Globelines...NDD calls anywhere in the country for free? i saw the commercial on TV.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Pete, pati cellphones? 50 cents? huwaw!..sayang 'tong araw lg :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pagkaintindi ko unlimited PLDT to PLDT and PLDT to SMART calls only for a flat fee of PhP50.00.

"For starters, for a flat fee of P50 for Jan. 5 only, PLDT’s nearly two million landline subscribers can call each other as well as 19 million Smart mobile phone subscribers nationwide without the usual per-minute charges."

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... I smell a price war brewing for "unlimited" services...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    hmmm... I smell a price war brewing for "unlimited" services...
    And it started with SUN :D

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sana touch mobile din para masaya..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano charging nyang P50 na yan? pano kung naka 5 min NDD lang ako? how much ang charge? baka P50 na agad?
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku...kaya yata hirap mag text mag outgoing call ang 2 smart numbers ko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
January 5 -> PLDT's National Telebabad Day