New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Dami nga reklamo sa globe...... ayala group na sosyal kuno....

jack ma is so siga..... i like....

BEFORE SMART, GLOBE EXECS

Jack Ma on PHL internet service: It’s no good
    Published October 25, 2017 2:53pm
    By MARLLY ROME BONDOC, GMA News

Chinese tech billionaire Jack Ma tried the Philippines' internet service when he arrived on Tuesday night and was unequivocal with his assessment.

"It's no good," Ma said to both applause and laughter during his lecture at the De La Salle University on Wednesday.

"But this is the potential, this is the opportunity and I encourage this government, entrepreneurs, everybody, to work together to improve the speed and coverage of the internet," he added.

"If we're not covering the internet, it's gonna be worse which is like a hundred years ago how our cities, our countries [were] not connected to the electricity. It's gonna be worse, so we have to make sure that everybody is connected because when you're connected, you can be mobiled, when you're mobiled, you're everywhere," Ma said.

Ma is the founder and executive chair of Alibaba Group, China's biggest e-commerce company.

He has an estimated net worth of $38.3 billion net worth according to Forbes magazine.

Globe president and CEO Ernest Cu and PLDT chief revenue officer Eric Alberto were in the audience when the 53-year-old Chinese billionaire had called out the slow internet connection in the country.

"Blame them (Smart and Globe) for the slow internet," presidential adviser for entrepreneurship and ASEAN business advisory council chair Joey Concepcion said in jest.

"Honestly, it's unfair to blame anybody...When we started Alibaba, the speed of internet in China was terrible. Much worse than today's Philippines, much worse," Ma said in response.

"But that's not an excuse for mobile companies," he added.

Speedtest's Global Index report showed that the Philippines' broadband internet is ranked 94th while its mobile internet is ranked 100th.

Among the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries, the Philippines remain in the bottom four in the region in terms of internet speed. —NB, GMA News

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Dami nga reklamo sa globe...... ayala group na sosyal kuno....

jack ma is so siga..... i like....
    It's true. Bakit? Marami na namang balat sibuyas na nasaktan?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya siguro nag bisita si Jack Ma

Ant Financial/Alipay partners with Globe/Ayala

Use QR code to pay for products and services at Ayala malls using GCash app

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    You can blame the red tape for that. The permits from the barangay to the enviromental just to put up a cell site... In Vietnam, they were able to surpass the PH in the number of cell sites. 70,000 sites vs 20,000 in the PH...

Permits, health concerns delay cell site expansion

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Tell me something I don't know. Hehehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Old article I found in FB this week...

Our Internet is Fast, We Just Can’t Afford It | Yugatech

And yes, we have fast internet, it's just expensive!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gee, i wonder what he would propose to solve our slow internet.

A third telco perhaps? Gee, who would have the capability and expertise to put one up?

By golly, Jack Ma's Chinese. i wonder if anyone from China can do it....a telco perhaps...from China?

Wais. ^_^

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Have more public peerings (ix) and localized content.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    our internet can be improved but telcos just want to maximize profit there's no one putting a gun to their heads. so why would they improve it? so they're just maintaining the status quo while raking in all the cash

what we need as consumers is a way to threaten their PROFIT. that's the only way. coz the gov't is useless!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    our internet can be improved but telcos just want to maximize profit there's no one putting a gun to their heads. so why would they improve it? so they're just maintaining the status quo while raking in all the cash

what we need as consumers is a way to threaten their PROFIT. that's the only way. coz the gov't is useless!
    Globe dwarfs other Ayala companies in terms of income. Talagang sinasagad lang nila profits nila. Yung red tape kaya naman nila gawan paraan yan kung gusto nila. Malakas naman sila maglagay, eh di lagyan na kaagad nasa pinaka-taas para wala na problema sa baba.

Dahilan lang nila yang red tape imho. [emoji38]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast