New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Still a good buy?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never been a fan of touch screen phones. But there are people who love them.

Depends on your taste and phone requirements.

For the same money, I'd rather get a notebook computer.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My purpose kasi is to have an mp3 player, not to be used outdoors but in the car lang cos I recently sold my PSP. Sayang ung link that I bought from LA Cars.

I tried using my friend's Iphone medyo mahirap nga magtext

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

I tried using my friend's Iphone medyo mahirap nga magtext
    Exactly why iPhones will remain items of fashion rather than a serious communications tool, unless you prefer to call more often than text your contacts.

As for your MP3 player problems, why not just opt to buy your choice of MP3 player? ... or if you really want the iPhone look... get the Apple iTouch, all the touchscreen goodness of the iPhone minus the phone part (and camera as well).

Personally, I love my Meizu M6 player I bought while I was in Hong Kong. Too bad no one knows about it here where the Apple iPod is most popular.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Palm Pre's early reviews are good. if you can wait and make a comparo first.
    http://i.gizmodo.com/5126702/palm-pr...simply-amazing
    it utilizez a full qwerty keyboard albeit small. Touted to be Iphone's next best competitor.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Exactly why iPhones will remain items of fashion rather than a serious communications tool, unless you prefer to call more often than text your contacts.

As for your MP3 player problems, why not just opt to buy your choice of MP3 player? ... or if you really want the iPhone look... get the Apple iTouch, all the touchscreen goodness of the iPhone minus the phone part (and camera as well).

Personally, I love my Meizu M6 player I bought while I was in Hong Kong. Too bad no one knows about it here where the Apple iPod is most popular.
    I read your comment on bigbigcars.com
    about this

where do you buy this anyway? Locally

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Meizu M6?

I doubt if you can find it locally. As mentioned earlier, I bought it in Hong Kong during my last visit there (early last year).

It's a kind of popular MP3 in China, Hong Kong and even parts of Europe (from how I read the users forums). The Meizu brand is a China brand product (one of the better brands).

Meizu homepage:
    http://en.meizu.com/

Meizu users homepage:
    http://www.meizume.com/

Meizu M6 entry in wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M6_Mini_Player

Meizu Online Store based in Australia: (they might ship to philippines)
    http://meizuaustralia.com.au/
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 1st, 2009 at 12:51 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    double-double
    Last edited by chua_riwap; June 9th, 2009 at 03:23 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    May bago na naman. Yung bang price ($199/$299), should go with local phone subscription sa US?

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/2009060...p-0de2eff.html
    9 June 2009

Apple unveils new iPhone without Steve Jobs

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) - Apple aimed to make hot-selling iPhones even more appealing, premiering a speedier new model complete with a video camera and slashing the price of its predecessor to 99 dollars.

Apple vice president of marketing Phil Schiller made the announcements at an annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco bereft of any sign of the firm's renowned chief executive, Steve Jobs.

Schiller said the new iPhone 3GS, the first model to capture video, will be available on June 19.

"The 'S' stands for speed, because this is the most powerful iPhone we've ever made," Schiller said. "What is inside is entirely new."

He said a 16-gigabyte iPhone 3GS would cost 199 dollars while the 32-gigabyte model would cost 299 dollars.

The price of an original eight-gigabyte iPhone 3G dropped to 99 dollars from 199 dollars as of Monday.

Schiller also said a next-generation iPhone 3.0 operating system will be released worldwide on June 17 as a free upgrade to owners of the smartphones.

Apple also reported it has sold more than 40 million iPhones and iPod Touch devices, which are essentially iPhones without mobile phone capabilities. Sales of applications for the devices reportedly passed a billion in April.

Enhancements crafted into the iPhone 3.0 operating system include voice command, downloading rented videos, and customization to additional languages including Arabic, Hebrew, and Korean.

A new "Find My iPhone" feature lets people use an Apple online Mobile Me service to locate lost or stolen devices.

"It will show you on a map where your phone is," said senior vice president of iPhone software Scott Forstall. "You can send it a message and it plays an alert sound whether or not you left it in silent mode."

The feature also lets people remotely erase all data from lost or stolen iPhones. The new operating system also lets iPhones connect to one another wirelessly for communal activities such as playing games.

"If I was Sony, that would keep me awake," Silicon Valley analyst Rob Enderle of Enderle Group said of iPhones being a threat to the Japanese firm's PSP handheld gaming devices.

"There is a real risk that Apple could kill the PSP."

There was no mention of reducing service plan prices that "are a challenge for people," noted analyst Ken Dulaney, vice president of mobile computer research at Gartner.

"Apple has zero control of the telecom service carriers," said Creative Strategies analyst Tim Bajarin.

"They took smartphones up another notch and are making it harder for competitors to catch up with them. They completely redid the guts inside the iPhone."

Apple hit a disappointing note with an otherwise enthusiastic audience when it announced that its new Snow Leopard computer operating system would not be available until September.

People using the previous generation software will only have to pay 29 dollars to upgrade.

A "near-final" version is being given to developers at the conference so they can begin tailoring programs for the system.

"Apple engineers have made hundreds of improvements so with Snow Leopard," said Bertrand Serlet, Apple senior vice president of software engineering.

Snow Leopard lets users spell with Chinese characters on MacBook touchpads and includes a new version of Apple's web browser, Safari.

Safari software made available Monday is "multiples" times faster than Microsoft's latest Internet Explorer 8 Web browser, according to Schiller.

Apple on Monday also launched upgraded MacBooks while cutting prices on its historically high-end laptop line.

Improved MacBooks could also be customized with beefier processors and as much as 500 gigabytes of storage space. Prices on the enhanced MacBook line range from 1,199 to 2,299 dollars.

Apple's upgrades, and the timing of releases, position the company to fend off competition from Palm Pre as well as Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system, according to analysts.

Approximately 5,200 software developers from more than 50 countries registered to attend the sold-out conference, according to Apple.

The presentation featured humor and barbs aimed at rival Microsoft, but no sign of 54-year-old Jobs, who has been on a medical leave of absence since January.

Apple has been secretive about Jobs's health since he underwent an operation in 2004 for pancreatic cancer but has been adamant that he is returning to the company's helm at the end of this month.

"What bothers me is why they can't have Steve do a cameo, or appear by telepresence," said Enderle.

"That would have made all the difference in the world in terms of excitement at the event. It makes me wonder what Steve looks like."

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me, its overhyped. i would rather use a separate MP3 player and a phone which i can use normally.

have tried using my sis' unit. pag nagtetext ako mali-mali ang lumalabas. its because masyadong malaki ang daliri ko to use the touch screen keyboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Iphone 3G 16GB