New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I know iPad is still the measuring stick when it comes to tablets. But since its introduction to the market, a lot of other tablets have been introduced as well, some cheaper and some more expensive.

So far, which iPad alternatives do you think deserves attention and consideration.

I've read and seen (at the store)

Samsung Galaxy Tab - looks really good and seems fast. 10.1 version is a lot more expensive than iPad
    Acer Iconia - display is subpar to iPad and Galaxy but comes cheap.
    Toshiba Thrive - like a netbook without the keyboard (SD card, USB, full HDMI). looks cheap and bulky.
    Regza (I think this is also Toshiba Thrive) - but the version I saw looks a lot better. was not able to test it because it wont turn on.

Any other suggestions? I am thinking of buying one.

i own (and owned) most of the tablets in the market. used ipad1 and 2, asus transformer, acer iconia, samsung galaxy tab (7 and 10 inch) and sony tablet s.

my fave? its the sony tablet. been using it for 4 months now (i think this is the longest i ever used a tablet). reason: while most of them have almost identical functions and OS, its the convenience of holding the tablet in your hands.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Just stick with APPLE. The Silkiness of iOS is its Secret Sauce.

That is the reason why the iPad is No. 1 hands down.

Prices of the iPad 2 should come down by March 7, when the iPad3 is launched.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have tab 10.1 and ipad2, form factor iPad, function tab..

Just bought a USB reader for the tab, now I can watch movie w/o saving it to the internal memory..unlike sa iPad...

Anyway, how do I lessen yun memory na "other" it's getting bigger, the reason why I don't save movie files na sa iPad...I noticed na limalaki yun other even after I deleted the movie files

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Para sakin galaxy tab is my choice over the ipad. Dami din advantage ng galaxy kasi over the ipad.

Camera vga pa lang ipad and 2mp for the galaxy. Then also ram speed is 1gig sa galaxy while 512 lang ipad. The only advantage ng ipad is the app store kasi they have more than the andriod. Lastly is the high level of personalizing the home screen ng galaxy.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok ang ipad if you have other toys from apple na interconnected to each other one way or another. Mac, apple TV, iphone etc. They've got better apps unlike android na madami nga, madami rin basura.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the best tablet of all is the ASUS TRANSFORMER PRIME...the only quad core tablet ;)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Apple iPAD has the most polished UI bar none. It is the Reference standard for all tablets.

Dont waste time on the others, the iPAD3 will be out by Wednesday and will push the bar even higher.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008

IPAD 3 Quad-Core is Here.

With a stunning 2048×1536 Retina display. Higher than your Plasma/LCD TV.

Priced like the iPad2.

Everyone else is playing Catch-up again.
    Last edited by marg; March 8th, 2012 at 04:14 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post

IPAD 3 Quad-Core is Here.

With a stunning 2048×1536 Retina display. Higher than your Plasma/LCD TV.

Priced like the iPad2.

Everyone else is playing Catch-up again.
    It's only a DUAL-CORE A5X processor... too bad they didn't included the 8 mp camera of the IPhone 4S, which is the best 8 mp smartphone camera in the market for now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
iPad alternatives