New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Work? Probably. Yung tanong... ilang watts ang makukuha mo sa ganyang klaseng panels... one?

Yan verify ko sa susunod. Kahit man lang 1 light bulb let say 14w pwede na un.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ P4k for 50W around 8k for 100W that does not include the charger/regulator worth P2k, batteries, and inverter.

So far its charging 40Ah VRLA and able to sustain a 60watts VHF transceiver and some basic electronics. Don't know yet up to when the alum cladding would turn into dust, its mounted in a boat e. hehe

BTT: Nice idea.Another stop gap solution that works. I just hope those holes doesn't leak..
    Last edited by 12vdc; August 27th, 2013 at 01:55 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Another stop gap solution that works. I just hope those holes doesn't leak..

Poor man's version of the skylight.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The difference, again, is a skylight doesn't have light diffractive properties.

Fiberglass roofing might achieve the same effect, but a single sheet costs much more than a bottle light.

^ P4k for 50W around 8k for 100W that does not include the charger/regulator worth P2k, batteries, and inverter.

So far its charging 40Ah VRLA and able to sustain a 60watts VHF transceiver and some basic electronics. Don't know yet up to when the alum cladding would turn into dust, its mounted in a boat e. hehe

BTT: Nice idea.Another stop gap solution that works. I just hope those holes doesn't leak..
    So, total damage with batteries and inverter? Sounds intriguing. If it can sustain a 60w transceiver, it should be good for several indoor LED bulbs. Kahit hallway lighting lang, okay yun.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    sa raon may nakita ako nagbebenta ng mga solar panels. which cost somewhere between 1k-4k. does it really work? sa mga sidewalk vendors lang nagtitinda.
    One can buy in an electrical shop a solar panel set with battery and 4 LED lights included. Costs around 5T. Stores in Ongpin and Raon sell these.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The difference, again, is a skylight doesn't have light diffractive properties.

Fiberglass roofing might achieve the same effect, but a single sheet costs much more than a bottle light.
    Plastic and FG transluscent roofing is availalble in the market but not as sturdy as GI that could last 20+yrs.

So, total damage with batteries and inverter? Sounds intriguing. If it can sustain a 60w transceiver, it should be good for several indoor LED bulbs. Kahit hallway lighting lang, okay yun.
    More or less 15k including mounting and wiring. Transceiver consumes only when transmitting, most of the time its on standby rx mode and battery on tickle charge.

I have actually one in the farm as a hobby project, it does the automatic lightning timer 6 x 7w LED lights using 2 banks of batteries. Haven't tried it yet for higher loads but im guessing it's running around 40% on its duty cycle (battery mode) using 0.75kva inverter. It does do the job, turns on 6PM then turns off 6AM.. Intitial cost is high while on maintenance side, batteries lasted 2.5years and the panels need regular inspection or cleaning.

For the boat, i need to install one because the engine doesnt have alternator and i don't wanna mess with the already messy engine (it doesn't have electricals, have non-functioning heater plugs. Starts by manually turning the crankshaft with a rope. Unbelievable but yeah it starts in one pull of the rope. lol)
    Last edited by 12vdc; August 27th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by andywesteast View Post

Poor man's version of the skylight.

sa mga malls madami nyan. ung iba clerestory ang tawag.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Plastic and FG transluscent roofing is availalble in the market but not as sturdy as GI that could last 20+yrs.

More or less 15k including mounting and wiring. Transceiver consumes only when transmitting, most of the time its on standby rx mode and battery on tickle charge.

I have actually one in the farm as a hobby project, it does the automatic lightning timer 6 x 7w LED lights using 2 banks of batteries. Haven't tried it yet for higher loads but im guessing it's running around 40% on its duty cycle (battery mode) using 0.75kva inverter. It does do the job, turns on 6PM then turns off 6AM.. Intitial cost is high while on maintenance side, batteries lasted 2.5years and the panels need regular inspection or cleaning.

For the boat, i need to install one because the engine doesnt have alternator and i don't wanna mess with the already messy engine (it doesn't have electricals, have non-functioning heater plugs. Starts by manually turning the crankshaft with a rope. Unbelievable but yeah it starts in one pull of the rope. lol)
    Yeah... FG roofing, perhaps ten years, tops... the bote light goes five years between refills, and even if you have to replace a sun-weathered plastic bottle every five years, that's cheaper than the roofing.

15k? Not bad. six 7w LEDs is enough for our perimeter lighting at night.

Hmmmm...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Yeah... FG roofing, perhaps ten years, tops... the bote light goes five years between refills, and even if you have to replace a sun-weathered plastic bottle every five years, that's cheaper than the roofing.

15k? Not bad. six 7w LEDs is enough for our perimeter lighting at night.

Hmmmm...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456