New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am looking for a good broadband provider. Currently my internet broadband connection is PLDT DSL. Download speeds is at 80kb/s which is not bad BUT it not near up to the promised max of 2Mbs (250kb/s) for it's P2000/monthly account.

Any suggestions? Note that I also use my internet for some online gaming so bursting connections like SUN's 3G broadband might not be great for gaming.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    is this for residential?? Have you heard of Skycable's SkyBroadband?? they have up to plan 12mbps.. i just dont know if that's true or not.. i did inquire from them before.. kaya lang sabi sa akin eh for residential lang daw to..

http://www.skybroadband.com.ph/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    is this for residential?? Have you heard of Skycable's SkyBroadband?? they have up to plan 12mbps.. i just dont know if that's true or not.. i did inquire from them before.. kaya lang sabi sa akin eh for residential lang daw to..

http://www.skybroadband.com.ph/
    hmmm. yup I have heard of it... that might be a good option unfortunately they do bursting. Normally it shouldn't matter but for my online games, it would be problematic...
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 30th, 2009 at 08:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    im a skybroadband user from my current plan of 1.5mbps i upgraded to 12mbps....i was expecting a dramatic change of browsing and download speed so far when i check at speedtest it seems to live up to its promised speed but on actual usage 1.5 and 12mbps....hmmmmm for me i dont feel it will be switching back to my old plan

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    you lost me.. is it or isn't it?? can you post your speed from speedtest.net?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    im a skybroadband user from my current plan of 1.5mbps i upgraded to 12mbps....i was expecting a dramatic change of browsing and download speed so far when i check at speedtest it seems to live up to its promised speed but on actual usage 1.5 and 12mbps....hmmmmm for me i dont feel it will be switching back to my old plan

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Am still using PLDT Dsl ever since it's first launch more than half a decade ago. Naalala ko pala noon ang plan was just 256kbps max speed until every year my family was offered double the speed w/o no increase in pay kaya ngayon ang speed plan namin is nasa 4mbps(actual speed is around 3.8mbps).

I tried using the Sky Cable internet offer sa tv. Not impressed by it at all.
    1) nagre-reset parati yung settings ng modem.
    2) it doesn't want to run *******s or other p2p programs. Like pulling out nails!
    3) it's ok for just plain ol web browsing but once you go to the sites where streaming video is involved like youtube.... biglang parang bumalik sa dial-up yung speed ng Cable internet.
    4) it has restrictions to other sites. It doesn't want to display them.
    5) you have to constantly fiddle around with the settings for it to work. Also, it is as vulnerable as your cable tv connection. You notice pag may typhoon na parating eh wala kayong signal? Pwes, 80% of the time ganun rin yung cable connection.
    6) nung 3 lang kami sa subdivision ang nag sign up for the free cable internet eh ok lang yung speed pero nung umabot na kami ng almost 2 dozen households who availed of the free trials ang laki ng binagal. Hindi dedicated yung speed nyo. Just ask any cable internet user. It's ok if there are only a few users of cable internet in your area pero once dumami na yan then expect extreme congestion.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Reviving this thread, getting frustrated with Globe broadband and looking at Skycable broadband. Please share more experiences with Skycable. The advertised 5Mbps is attractive, even with the 15GB cap, not a concern as it will mostly be for browsing.

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Alam ko depende sa lugar yung quality nung sa skybroadband eh. Kapag maganda-ganda ata yung lugar ninyo I mean parang exclusive village eh maganda rin ang connection. Parang affected kasi ng quality nung mga kable mismo ung quality nung connection so pag nandun ka sa mga lugar na prone sa illegal connection na yung mga tipong tinitusok yung kable, affected yung signal quality.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba meron sila 200 Mbps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Internet Broadband options?