New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    which processor is faster? my dad kasi is buying a laptop for me (i suggested HP pavilion series) im gonna use it for internet surfing, some offline games and doing / researching for school projects. which processor would be best?

and btw, any other suggestion than HP pavilion?

thanks guys..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    which processor is faster? my dad kasi is buying a laptop for me (i suggested HP pavilion series) im gonna use it for internet surfing, some offline games and doing / researching for school projects. which processor would be best?

and btw, any other suggestion than HP pavilion?

thanks guys..
    There are some hardware issues about the HP Pavilion (not all HP pavilion series though). My father in-law sent us one from the states (AMD X2 Turion processor). After 4 months of use, the wireless connection became erratic. When we search the Internet about the problem, HP admitted the problem about the need to update the BIOS so they need to recall those units.
    So we sent back the unit back to the states through UPS.

But there are a lot of Laptop makers who have already decided to use AMD instead of Intel (HP i think is one of them).

It's difficult to choose between the two. I currently have a Neo Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 - mabilis kumain ng battery power compared to the AMD-powered HP pavilion.

The processor is a major factor in terms of performance But you also need to consider memory size (RAM), video memory, Hard disk capacity, etc. Of course, the bigger video and RAM, the better would be the performance.
    Last edited by Hanren; May 1st, 2008 at 01:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    woah.. how about HP Pavilion DV6700T (or z if i prefer AMD)? may mga reported problems ba nun? pero in terms of performance, mas ok ang AMD? may nabasa akong post eh na gamers prefer AMD than intel.. anong year po nangyari yun? na ayos na naman siguro ng HP yan diba? hopefully..

ram will be (i prefer) 2gb, hd is 120gb (none lower though), graphics card is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - For Core 2 Duo Processors (and that's stock), intel processor is core 2 duoi T9300 (2.5ghz) while the AMD is turion 64 x2 dual core mobile technology gold edition TL-68 (2.4ghz)

mas ok po amd o intel? ok ah kung mas mahina sa battery ang AMD..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    woah.. how about HP Pavilion DV6700T (or z if i prefer AMD)? may mga reported problems ba nun? pero in terms of performance, mas ok ang AMD? may nabasa akong post eh na gamers prefer AMD than intel.. anong year po nangyari yun? na ayos na naman siguro ng HP yan diba? hopefully..

ram will be (i prefer) 2gb, hd is 120gb (none lower though), graphics card is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - For Core 2 Duo Processors (and that's stock), intel processor is core 2 duoi T9300 (2.5ghz) while the AMD is turion 64 x2 dual core mobile technology gold edition TL-68 (2.4ghz)

mas ok po amd o intel? ok ah kung mas mahina sa battery ang AMD..
    With almost both Intel and AMD-based laptops having the same specs (2gig RAM, 120 gig HDD, etc), I would get the AMD-based laptop.

Btw, yung HP pavilion namin na nirecall is HP 2313CL. So I think yung series na namention mo eh hindi na kasama dun...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    an amd processor eats more power than intel processors so for laptops intel processor is the better one. amd is more of for gamers. intel is for multimedia and all around.

get the centino processor it saves a lot of energy

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hanren: buti naman..

sboogie: ah.. ganun pala. pero ok din po ang intel pag lagyan ng games? eh yung centrino? ok din daw yun pang games.. true? ako kasi games and all around use. ano po ang key features ng centrino sa ibang procesors? processor ba ang centrino? kasi may nakita akong lappy na may sticker na intel core 2 duo at centrino sa taas.. ano yun?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    centrino actually doesn't mean anything technically speaking, it's pure marketing nonsense, so it's best to ignore the word "centrino"

core2 or turion it doesn't really matter much as long as you have 2g ram and a fast hdd. better concentrate on the rest of the system: does the keyboard suck? usb port placement. ergonomics. screen. etc.

if you want real games the intel graphics x3100 won't cut it. get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. my other laptop here has a geforce 8700m 256mb gddr3 but still won't play Crysis smoothly. an x3100 won't even play old games like NFS most wanted smoothly...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    centrino actually doesn't mean anything technically speaking, it's pure marketing nonsense, so it's best to ignore the word "centrino"

core2 or turion it doesn't really matter much as long as you have 2g ram and a fast hdd. better concentrate on the rest of the system: does the keyboard suck? usb port placement. ergonomics. screen. etc.

if you want real games the intel graphics x3100 won't cut it. get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. my other laptop here has a geforce 8700m 256mb gddr3 but still won't play Crysis smoothly. an x3100 won't even play old games like NFS most wanted smoothly...
    ano? alang kwentang sticker lang ang centrino? it doesn't mean anything? why would they put a centrino sticker if it means nothing? you mean centrino is not a processor or anything that's inside your computer? OMG

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano? alang kwentang sticker lang ang centrino? it doesn't mean anything? why would they put a centrino sticker if it means nothing? you mean centrino is not a processor or anything that's inside your computer? OMG
    that's right, centrino is just a sticker. it's not a chip or something that ticks. it's just intel's name for platforms with intel cpu, intel chipset and intel wifi.

actually centrino means "monopoly"

you could have a intel cpu and chipset with an atheros (or other brand) wifi which works as well or better than "centrino"

why? coz intel wants you to believe that centrino is some kind of magic that you gotta have intel has pretty good marketing
    Last edited by Psylocke; May 2nd, 2008 at 01:30 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    AMD for me
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=_l2e0mf3CcA"]YouTube - AMD 780G vs Intel G35[/ame]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Intel vs. AMD Processors