New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My HP AIO is on its way out. Looking to replace it with an ink tank version. So far the leading candidates are Epson L5190 and HP 615. Does anyone have issues with ink tank versions of the AIOs of these brands?

I'm concerned about replacement print head costs and the durability of the ADF. Less paper jams would be a plus too.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Ive gone thru 3 ink tank printers. Epson, canon.

They all suck as if you do not print everyday, the nozzles get clogged immediately and it takes 2 deep cleaning sessions (lots of ink) to flush them out.

If you print everyday then they are fine. But if you print a few times a week, i would go the laser printer route.

I ended up with a brother monochrome AIO laser printer and couldnt be happier. Bought a second one for my kids to use.

Refills are easy. Just buy the refill toner in lazada and refill the cartridge (good for 3 or 4 refiills)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    All inkjet printers have to be used a few times in a week to prevent the ink from drying inside the print head.

Kung may pasok mga bata, walang problema kasi may assignments yan at least once a week.

Laser printers doesnt have that problem. Pero mas mahal ang unit, at mahal din ang toner, at mas mahal kung colored laser printer.

I use to have colored laser printer sa previous office ko. Okay siya sa reports compred to monochrome laser na need i-print ang colored graphs at photographs sa ibang printer.

But right now, we still use Epson Inkjet (Tank). Print na lang regularly.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    They all suck as if you do not print everyday, the nozzles get clogged immediately and it takes 2 deep cleaning sessions (lots of ink) to flush them out.
    If you print everyday then they are fine. But if you print a few times a week, i would go the laser printer route.

Have gone through 3 major brands of printers: Canon, Epson, and HP. Among the 3, Canon is the most durable, Epson for better photo image quality. Currently have a Canon G3010 all-in-one ink tank printer. Have had this for more than 2-3 years, keep it plugged-in, turn it on everyday and print / photocopy a colored image once a week. It will be fine. It's just used for school reports and projects. Have not yet refilled the original ink tanks but they are on low level now.

Again, if you have an ink jet printer, keep it plugged in.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Have gone through 3 major brands of printers: Canon, Epson, and HP. Among the 3, Canon is the most durable, Epson for better photo image quality. Currently have a Canon G3010 all-in-one ink tank printer. Have had this for more than 2-3 years, keep it plugged-in, turn it on everyday and print / photocopy a colored image once a week. It will be fine. It's just used for school reports and projects. Have not yet refilled the original ink tanks but they are on low level now.

I have an Epson L360. It's always plugged in but powered off. Sometimes I don't use it for weeks, so I have to deep clean it before I can print properly. Will leaving it powered ON make a difference?
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

I ended up with a brother monochrome AIO laser printer and couldnt be happier. Bought a second one for my kids to use.

Refills are easy. Just buy the refill toner in lazada and refill the cartridge (good for 3 or 4 refiills)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

We print maybe 100-200 pages a week, hopefully that is enough to keep it from clogging. Do ink tanks clog more than cartridge type inkjets?

I'd really love a colored laser printer but it costs 30% more. Not really worried much about the cost of printing vs ink tanks, more on the durability. If it lasts as long as inkjets (5-7 years in my experience) I could probably fork out the extra cost.

I'd go for monochrome if only the kids didn't need colored printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    All inkjet printers have to be used a few times in a week to prevent the ink from drying inside the print head.

Kung may pasok mga bata, walang problema kasi may assignments yan at least once a week.

Laser printers doesnt have that problem. Pero mas mahal ang unit, at mahal din ang toner, at mas mahal kung colored laser printer.

I use to have colored laser printer sa previous office ko. Okay siya sa reports compred to monochrome laser na need i-print ang colored graphs at photographs sa ibang printer.

But right now, we still use Epson Inkjet (Tank). Print na lang regularly.
    Does yours have an ADF for scanning? Could really use a durable ADF. My old HP 4625e's ADF broke after 2 years. But all the other functions still worked for 7 years of moderate use. A little buggy now, hangs a lot more but it can still print to this day. I'm just worried it may give out soon. And HP doesn't make the cartridges for this anymore so once my stock runs out, it's bye bye for this printer.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Epson most durable of all the ink tank printers we have tried. Madali din i-reset once na mareached yung max number of print. We reset printers 2-3x a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    I think sa Epson, yung L3110 ang pinakamabenta sa AIO nila. Nung namili ako ng pyesa sa GIlmore, yan ang karaminahan na nakita ko sa Epson.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sa mga AIO na capable ng WiFi, can you use the scanner over WiFi as well?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I have an Epson L360. It's always plugged in but powered off. Sometimes I don't use it for weeks, so I have to deep clean it before I can print properly. Will leaving it powered ON make a difference?
    You need to turn it on everyday and print once a week ... leaving it plugged in helps since it still keeps the print head warm compared to leaving it unplugged ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ink tank all in one printers