New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    News by: Aki Sugawara
    16-OCT-03
    TOKYOPOP Inc. announced plans for a licensing agreement with ValuSoft, a division of THQ, to convert the popular comic/cartoon series Initial D into a driving game for the PC.

“We are truly excited about the engaging interactive component ValuSoft will add to the Initial D experience,” said Stuart Levy, TOKYOPOP Founder and CEO. “By creating this PC-based game, we’re bringing fans even closer to Initial D’s intense drifting action by letting them take their own virtual drive through Mount Akina’s hairpin curves.”

“ValuSoft is very pleased to be working with TOKYOPOP on the premier Initial D PC game,” said ValuSoft President Doug Clemmer. “As one of the leaders in the racing genre, we can’t wait to bring Initial D’s street racing scenes to a whole new level for fans and gamers.”

Initial D is scheduled for release on the PC in early 2004.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder if its going to look like Need for Speed series of games...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've seen the Initial D game on the arcade... if the pc game looks the same... it doesn't look like the N4S series games...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the Initial D arcade machine looks like the screens from the PC game "Midnight Club".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I will be waiting for this!!!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    meron ako nito sa ps2, hapon nga lang ang menus... parehas siya nung arcade, meron ding driving school wherein me tofu na nakalagay sa auto. hindi ko lang sure kung parehas ito ng sa pc..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i saw that too... but medyo turned-off ako since its all in japanese... can't enjoy the game as a whole.

Initial D Racing Game Announced for the PC