New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    With all this technology where we are always connected to each other, so much information is passed on. But people don't seem to be getting any smarter.

Take for example that softdrink thread. I received that a month ago through Email and text. Another example is text of the pope's death. so much more.

So many scams, so many stupid people who believe. No offense to those hit, my mom is one of them, believing every text message passed on by her friends who believe it too.

With all this useful, educational info at our fingertips all that seems to be passed on is gullibility (is there such a word) It just goes to show that people keep absorbing without screening.

No wonder the world is the way it is...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro, magpalahi ka ng magpalahi, mukhang smart ang specie mo eh. :hihihi: We could always use people like you ;) Kaya nga may nag post about the SOFTDRINK so we can CLARIFY and TALK about it. If there's no truth to it, then fine. Some people doesn't know everything about anything, but that doesnt make them less smarter than you are. I call them, curiousity and not stupidity.

Or maybe, you are one of those person who practically knows everything about anything, cheers to you my friend. :cool:

STUPID people, I call them misinformed. Dont condemn, help them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bubs, you can safely say that people still stay the same, but more and more are getting gullible.

as what karding says, that is why those confusing information is posted here so it can be discussed, verified and facts be extracted.

hindi naman din kasi lahat ng tao eh alam lahat (except perhaps kay ernie baron na alam din naman natin na medyo may hocus pocus yan. there are experts in a specific field and there are people who are really ignorant in a certain field.

peace din tol. ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bubbles, no offense bro... but I was taken aback by your statement that "people are not getting any smarter."

When I first read the softdrinks thread, we'll I just took it in as it is, having no medical background on how our human anatomy really works, and besides I rarely drink softdrinks as I believe that it is unhealthy. And I don't think that I am that stupid (IQ = 142).

We all have our specializations and we should accept that most people don't have a general knowledge about everything.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when in doubt, ask. that's a surefire way to remove uncertainties about something.

i also got the text message about the Pope's death yesterday, and instead of passing it on... i scoured the websites of CNN, Time, PDI, and even the Vatican to verify if it was true. After failing to find anything on the matter, I texted back the person who sent the text message to me and explained to her the facts regarding the situation.

I think what Bubbles is trying to say is that people may have more information at their fingertips, but the ability to process and effectively utilize this information is gradually being diminished by numerous factors (mass media, the educational system, misguided governmental policies, etc.).

In other words, we may be getting more knowledgeable, but our common sense is lessening. Please correct me if i'm wrong, Bubbles.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's why i logged in on tsikot,
    to know a thing or two a day
    rememeber my "pigsa" thread (thank God!!! nawala na)
    there's myth and scientific methods,
    "get what you want and do it" approach na lang...

information is passed, its up to you to rebuffed, rebutted or ignore.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    ooouchhh... im working in an IT company.. and im getting smarter... hindi naman siguro stupidity... siguro curiousity.. and Option naman ng nagsesend yun eh... if he does nothing on the news and just forward it then.. siguro it's the problem of the person na kasi parang approved without thinking na lang... pero they are not stupid.. they just dont utilize the capacity of their brain to think...

pero opinion din ni bubbles yun...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's why I ask the Tsikot peeps if I have my doubts on those things I see sa net. Para may healthy discussion on the matter. Mahirap na lang basta basta maniwala.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Huwag kayo ma offend sa sinabi ko. and i'm not claining to be smart. you should see my grades in school. Im not hitting on anyone in particular, i guess, mikey and happy got my message.
    what i meant to say is that people are becoming more gullible. My question is, is common sense a rarity now. people believe what someone said to someone that said it to someone... you get my drift.
    I guess the thread is titled as it is cuz information is passed on in seconds. and there are so many people misusing the technology. the technology has been here for some time already, and we weren't born yesterday.
    I still get so many emails saying pass this on and you will get money. this has been proven blahblahblah. WHo actually got any money? who actually has enough money to give at the least, half a billion people even 1 dollar?
    Bottom line is, a lot of people don't learn from their mistakes. And don't you think this is the commonest of common sense?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nanay ko ganyan..lahat ng mabasa sa text pinapaniwalaan kaagad..di ko na nga pinapansin eh..kukwento pa sakin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Information technology. people aren't getting smarter.