New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For as long as their cost keeps going down ... then welcome EV cars.

Halos lahat na yata ng major carmakers joined the bandwagon. Some countries have plans to ban ICE on cars na rin. So that is where we're going.

Instead of tune-up, we'll have firmware updates on our cars.

I hope that someday solar energy will provide much of the energy needed by our cars. If we get better batteries and solar panels, performance-wise and cost-wise, we might not need to connect to meralco for charging.

Leave the ICE for those big machines.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Maybe the engine won't be replaced but the source of fuel. Heard about those algae that produces fuel in their poop.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    How many poop do u think will power a 1Mw engine.. for a day? Maybe as big as Q.c. hall.. he he..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    oil production depends on demand. we all know what happens when there's oil oversupply. the price crashes and oil production stops being profitable

now take note that solar is right now already cheaper than coal. renewable energy continues getting cheaper while oil keeps getting harder and more expensive to get. see where things are going? at some point in the near future we're definitely going to start dropping oil production for purely economic reasons

take note that we use petro byproducts because they're cheap coz they're byproducts remember LOL. so it's not economically viable to pump oil just to produce these byproducts as "main product". so those lakes of gasoline isn't going to happen LOL

as we taper off oil production the cost of oil byproducts will go up, so the cost of the previously more expensive alternatives start to be become viable. i'm not a chemist but i'm pretty sure we'll find alternatives. it's not like these byproducts contain rare elements or something like that
    If solar is cheaper than coal.... then why is it.. we beat solar phils. In an open bidding for A Power supply agreement.. solar phils. their bid was 9.50 per kw hr.

And by the way, Ours is diesel powered.kung sa Diesek hindi sila nanalo.... sa coal pa...

And AFAIK coal powered power plant cost between Php2-2.50 per kwh...

Alternatives...? I dont think so..... kung magkaron man... can it sustain the worlds demand for oil? But
    IF ever they discovered or invented one...

Definitely not in our lifetime...
    Last edited by glenn manikis; September 26th, 2017 at 01:11 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    possible, looks like its in a few years, just like fast charging on the our phone, same concept , same lithium batteries, fast charge is 50% 30mins, if we follow moore's law, even though its for processors, most tech companies strive to double their product's performance in 2 years time..if di kayang mag fast charge ng 5 mins, the range might double or triple nsman from 330kms to 1k in less than 5 years..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    For certain products.. its possible but not on Batteries... balik ka po dito after 5 years.... and lets see if there are production cars that can run on a single charge for more than 500kms....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    There are modern ships whose engine is partly electric (like the Prius)
    Some has an ICE which generates electricity which powers the electric motor
    And there are some who are now running on LNG (still ICE but cleaner)
    It can run... yes.. but for how many hours... and how big is the capacity... Can it sustain? Of course not...

Chances are... its 99% Diesel powered...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    For certain products.. its possible but not on Batteries... balik ka po dito after 5 years.... and lets see if there are production cars that can run on a single charge for more than 500kms....
    pm mo ako bro in 5 years...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    It can run... yes.. but for how many hours... and how big is the capacity... Can it sustain? Of course not...

Chances are... its 99% Diesel powered...
    As I said... It's a start...

In reality, companies only build new technologies because they get tax incentives, recognition and good PR.

Will you honestly spend more to save the environment?

As for the ICE, not all fuels are very dirty...

We can use LPG and CNG for small cars which are cleaner, LNG for big machinery

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GENERAL MOTORS IS GOING ALL ELECTRIC

sana tuloy-tuloy na yan ... basta mailower ang cost ng electric car bibilhin yan

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Well, going electric may help reduce crude oil consumption. However, we may still run out of something else.

The Supply Chain Can’t Handle Skyrocketing Demand for Lithium-Ion Batteries

Lithium is “the new gasoline,” but our mining infrastructure isn’t designed to handle the electric car revolution.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I plan to buy a new car when I retire in 6 years. If the prices become reasonable, I predict it will at least be a hybrid, and at most electric.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
I don't think electric cars will ever replace internal combustion engines