New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Any tips? Am currently using Globe prepaid, then nagsusubscribe na lang ako to GoSurf299. i also redeem Rewards now and then for mobile internet.

Cheaper kaya pag Smart?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Google for Globe prepaid tips and tricks ... currently using 246.00 monthly for 500 minutes Globe/TM calls, 1000 all net SMS and 1GB data ... good thing is you can rollover to next month any unused minutes, SMS and data ...
    Last edited by Walter; June 28th, 2017 at 10:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Any tips? Am currently using Globe prepaid, then nagsusubscribe na lang ako to GoSurf299. i also redeem Rewards now and then for mobile internet.

Cheaper kaya pag Smart?
    Bro much better ang internet connection overall ng Globe vs Smart imho. Stick with Globe. Mas mura internet sa prepaid nila.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hindi risky ito? I read some people tried to avail of these bugs, but if you are unlucky enough to have Globe fix it before you register, then you will still be charged and get nothing.

I am amazed, this is super cheap, for 300/month my starter plan, I only get 300 mins call Globe/TM, 300 all net texts and 200mb data, it can also be rolled over indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Google for Globe prepaid tips and tricks ... currently using 246.00 monthly for 500 minutes Globe/TM calls, 1000 all net SMS and 1GB data ... good thing is you can rollover to next month any unused minutes, SMS and data ...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

Cheaper kaya pag Smart?
    what lame country is this that not only on electricity and water and fuel do we save that we also have to be mindful of our internet usage?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If you are using android it has a setting that you can turn off background mobile data. This means it will not allow apps to use the internet in the background while mobile. Also use Facebook lite and messenger lite of you must have these apps.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    If you are using android it has a setting that you can turn off background mobile data. This means it will not allow apps to use the internet in the background while mobile. Also use Facebook lite and messenger lite of you must have these apps.

How's that?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    My colleague is using this and yes I am amazed pag nakita ko free minutes (unli ata globe to globe) and texts niya.

Is that illegal? Or hack? Glitch?

How come allowed kay globe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    How's that?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Go to settings, then Data Usage. Then click the menu on the upper right corner. There should be "restrict background data" there.

This will block apps using internet on background, but you will still be able to use internet when the app is on foreground. Also works only mobile data, when on wifi it won't be blocked.

But of course it will also block your email and messenger apps since those are backgrounds. So you won't get update unless you sync the email manually or connect to a wifi.

Last edited by BratPAQ; June 28th, 2017 at 11:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Go to settings, then Data Usage. Then click the menu on the upper right corner. There should be "restrict background data" there.

This will block apps using internet on background, but you will still be able to use internet when the app is on foreground. Also works only mobile data, when on wifi it won't be blocked.

But of course it will also block your email and messenger apps since those are backgrounds. So you won't get update unless you sync the email manually or connect to a wifi.

you could also restrict apps individually....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast