New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cleaning as in wiping the dusts off from your hardwares. We all know that those blowers inside the CPU causes dusts to form within the heatsinks and to the board itself. Note, not the scan antivirus that your thinking. ;)

How often do you open it up and vaccum/wipe off those dirts accumulated inside? Do you use any cleaning liquid or waxes to keep the casing clean?

How often do you clean your monitors? Most often than not, I always see fingerprints on the screen (my monitor doesn't have touchscreen option).

Do you use cable ties or tie twist for those unruly cables behind the CPU?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    IMO, every six months on vaccuming or blowing the accumulated dusts inside your CPU and keyboard would be enough.

Every three months on cleaning the casing of CPU , monitors and keyboards using Wipe Out or MC. Too often will just make your casing yellowish especially monitors and keyboards. Cleaning your keybaords with Rubbing alcohols every week is also advisable to clean and disinfects, remember that we are touching our keyboards.

For cable ties, just don't mixup power cables with your keyboard cables, Monitor cable and other data cables. Power cable emits interference that can affect data transmission on those data cables.

Just my two cents opinion

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    when its very very very very very dirty.
    kung napansin lang cguro, i use toothbrush and a rag.

please tell me kung mali ang pag lilinis ko ng PC.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    which reminds me, i need to do that when i get home! i keep on putting it off, tinatamad kasi ako bumili ng crc electra-clean eh! i even need to open my monitor, nagloloko na sa dami ng alikabok.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wipeout and rag once every 6-8months. vacuum the inside of the box? nope, open ang box ko and since nahahanginan ng fan, di masyado naiipon yung dust sa loob. monitor... di din nalilinis unless may problem na, but it usually takes a VERY long time before this happens.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    every quarter or pag sinisipag :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Cleaning as in wiping the dusts off from your hardwares. We all know that those blowers inside the CPU causes dusts to form within the heatsinks and to the board itself. Note, not the scan antivirus that your thinking. ;)

How often do you open it up and vaccum/wipe off those dirts accumulated inside? Do you use any cleaning liquid or waxes to keep the casing clean?

How often do you clean your monitors? Most often than not, I always see fingerprints on the screen (my monitor doesn't have touchscreen option).
    Recommended sked for cleaning a system depends on the environment and how many hours a day the unit is used.

Example, my shop's server is running about 18 hours a day. Its cleaned about every 3 months but even then, the dirt is pretty thick inside.

On the other hand, my home PC is running 24/7 but is only cleaned once in a year to about once in six months. The parts that get cleaned is usually the fans and heatsinks only too.

For cleaning up the insides of the computer, use a soft paint brush. Typical would be the ones made from horse hair and about 1 to 1.5 inches wide. Unscrew the fan from the heatsink and use the brush to remove the accumulated dirt. BTW, make sure you are in a well ventilated area or outside when you do this because the dust will start to fly around.

Don't use any cleaning liquid or solutions when cleaning the insides. Using a liquid or solution to clean the casing, make sure to remove all of it after because if any residue is left over, a dirt stain will quickly form.

Cleaning monitors, usually a moist clean rag then a dry car rag will be enough for most screen "dirt".
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 11th, 2004 at 12:01 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Do you use cable ties or tie twist for those unruly cables behind the CPU?
    I just make sure the cables aren't tangled up. Using cable ties or twist ties just makes it harder for you the next time to need to plug/unplug your PC or stuff attached to it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by 27th_Faktory
    when its very very very very very dirty.
    kung napansin lang cguro, i use toothbrush and a rag.

please tell me kung mali ang pag lilinis ko ng PC.
    Don't use a toothbrush. It will put too much pressure on sensitive areas of your computer. Its recommended to use a soft paint brush, typically one made from horse hair to remove the dirt and dust inside the PC.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, compressed air is also handy to clean out hard to reach places like inside your PC's power supply. Just make sure no condensed water gets into your PC when using this method.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How often do you clean your PC?