New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My lenovo g450 (core2duo) comes with a pre-installed win7 Home premium 64bit... owing to the fact that I have a Philippine law-jurisprudence software na 32-bit, nagka problem ako since it is important to my profession and work...so I attempted to have a dual boot (win7 Home Premium 64bit already installed) and a win7 Ultimate 32-bit on the same drive (Drive C)...however after installing win 7 ultimate 32-bit, hindi sya nag-dual boot...only win7 Ultimate 32-bit ang nag-boot...in other words, my problem has gone from bad to worse...buti na lang ang lenovo model nato ay may Onekey recovery System...in perfect health na sya back to win7 Home Premium 64bit...but my problem sa software ko is still there...how to dual boot please help...

additional questions:

At present there are 2 pre-partitioned drives: C (around 250 gig) and D (around 30gig). My drive C is where the 64-bit windows 7 home premium is installed; since drive C is more than enough for my needs, is it possible to allocate a portion thereof, like around 80 gig and create a drive E, where i will install the 32-bit win7 ultimate...can this be done without reformating drive C??? will this result to a dual boot system??? Please help...TIA..

by the way will the pc store where I purchase my item entertain my concerns...I was not actually aware that the pre-installed OS is a 64-bit OS, which are not be compatible with my important/work related programs???

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Check out EasyBCD.

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Not sure if it will work with dual booting W7-64 and W7-32... but it won't hurt to try. Plus, they've got a nice support forum that gives prompt and helpful responses.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    additional questions:

At present there are 2 pre-partitioned drives: C (around 250 gig) and D (around 30gig). My drive C is where the 64-bit windows 7 home premium is installed; since drive C is more than enough for my needs, is it possible to allocate a portion thereof, like around 80 gig and create a drive E, where i will install the 32-bit win7 ultimate...can this be done without reformating drive C??? will this result to a dual boot system??? Please help...TIA..
    you can use partition magic

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    32 bit programs should work in Windows 64bit. The only problems would be hardware drivers and antivirus software.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions

What problems are you encountering?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    as stated above, yung software ko for work (on law and jurisprudence in the Philippines) is 32-bit, hindi sya ma-install sa 64-bit win7 OS ko sa laptop...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    as stated above, yung software ko for work (on law and jurisprudence in the Philippines) is 32-bit, hindi sya ma-install sa 64-bit win7 OS ko sa laptop...
    Have you tried compatibility mode? A lot of times, that helps.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Have you tried compatibility mode? A lot of times, that helps.
    I did try, pero hindi rin...

I have been advised to install partition magic and resize my drive C, and create a new drive where i will install win7 32-bit...has anyone here tried this software (partition magic)???

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008

I have been advised to install partition magic and resize my drive C, and create a new drive where i will install win7 32-bit...has anyone here tried this software (partition magic)???
    I was able to used it for a couple of times. Here's a description about PartitionMagic.

PartitionMagic is capable of resizing NTFS or FAT (16 or 32) partitions without data loss, and can copy and move partitions, including to other disks. It also has various other features, including being able to convert between FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS, modify the cluster size of FAT16/32 and NTFS filesystems, and merge adjacent FAT or NTFS filesystems (all without data loss, though some NTFS-only metadata is lost on conversion to FAT). Additionally, it has somewhat limited support for ext2 and ext3 partitions.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've used Partition Magic in the past. What it does is add a partition to a hard drive where there is none and without harming the currently active partition. In effect, it also resizes the current partition.

It's commercial software though.

I remember using some free Linux tools that does something similar. I used them recently to resize the virtual hard drive of XP Home running in VirtualBox. I erased them though and can't recall what they are.

If you already have Win7 32-bit, why not just install that in place of the 64-bit version? If you have Win 7 Ultimate, you have a choice of either 32-bit or 64-bit install but not both.

If there's shovelware you want from the 64-bit recovery disc, there should be an option to install individual apps rather than a full recovery. At least the Vista recovery dvd of my Toshiba laptop had such an option.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

I have used this free software: EASEUS Partition Master

http://www.easeus.com/download.htm

Easy to use. But the free version is only for Win7 32bit.

How to dual boot Win 7???