New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another easy alternative is you can just hide the power "brick" of the dsl modem when you aren't around.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    if see it correctly, you can use the utility bundled with your modem router. it's called the setup page of the router. there should be a portion wherein you limit accessibility, i.e. from 8am to 9am only, etc. see help file or user's manual bundled with your modem-router.
    in addition to this, there is also a router option wherein you could block particular sites, aside from restricting access. The router also keeps logs of sites visited. And finally, you could always move your pc to the living room where everyone could see what your kid is upto

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    papakahirap pa eh, tangalin iyun dsl modem at dalhin mo, lagay mo sa glove compartment...

or try change try changing the user account password... para pag boot ng pc eh may password na hihingin...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lock the kids in the closet when you're not around

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    anybody knows what port thus RAN is using? i want to block this...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by radiazone View Post
    anybody knows what port thus RAN is using? i want to block this...
    RAN the MMOG? Don't block it uninstall it, MMOGs are evil! Take my word for it, I'm 18 and MMOGs wasted two years of my teenage life!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    RAN the MMOG? Don't block it uninstall it, MMOGs are evil! Take my word for it, I'm 18 and MMOGs wasted two years of my teenage life!
    hahahah.. my bro is crazy to this game... ang gusto ko lng mablock ung port na ginagamit nito pra di halata na may ginalaw ako sa PC... i want to block it thru router...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll experiment and see which one is the most practical to implement. My eldest is only ten, and we just started giving him limited Internet access a month ago as a privilege because he's been at the top of his class for the past two years.

He is only allowed to play for one hour a day on weekends. The rest of the week, bawal. Also, our rule is: do what you need to do before what you want to do. Ergo, if there are undone school projects, these must be completed before using the Net.

We were okay for the first two weeks, but just recently we noticed that he either "conveniently forgot" to do his homework before playing Net games or he would do poor quality or incomplete work and then proceed to play. And he hasn't even discovered those MMORPGs yet, these are just the simple Flash-based games on Disney, Nickelodeon and such. Sigh.

Buti pa nung bata ako, Voltes V at trumpo lang mga libangan namin

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    if you want more sadistic control... XP group policy... ingat lang baka mawala start menu mo....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    if you want more sadistic control... XP group policy... ingat lang baka mawala start menu mo....

tweakui.exe nyahahaha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How do you restrict Internet access on Windows XP?